• Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.

1. Off Topic Discussion

1. The Lounge

For light hearted discussions with other forum members for those stuck in the office all day, and those just in from school!

2. The Scott Mills Show

1. The Scott Mills Show

For discussion of all things from The Scott Mills Show on BBC Radio 1... even what Chappers is up to these days.

3. The Station

1. BBC Radio 1

Radio 1 geeks can go here to talk about the station, the DJs, the schedules, the events and more.

2. Radio 1 Geek Talk

For the radio anoraks to discuss Radio 1 jingles, station imaging and anything else ultra geeky.

3. Radio 1's Big Weekend

Chat about Radio 1's flagship event - the Big Weekend - Europe's biggest ticketed free music festival.

4. Unofficial Mills

1. 3
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    • They probably purposely make it slightly outdated so that people outside of the studio can be alerted to the fact that something's wrong.  Also, can we take a moment to appreciate how Vernon Kay used to do a weekly maths question as an actual radio feature?
    • Interesting that the emergency "tape" is at least two years old. The fact that we've (probably) never heard it before just goes to show how rare technical breakdowns are these days (of course this was human error rather than a fault). Here's a fun emergency tape incident from back in '09 with some '06 imaging shoved in for old time's sake.  
    • I wondered that too, but when it came on again before the start of Phil's show, it seemed to start from the beginning with Clean Bandit and an ident. To be honest, I'm just surprised (and slighyly disappointed) that it's not Hey Ya by OutKast anymore. It was also weird how as soon as the studio was taken off air a trail played, before the silence - I'm trying to work out how that happened. Anyone who knows more about radio engineering than me got any suggestions?
    • Listen at the end of Radio 1 Stories - they cut it off the beginning of the recording of Phil's show

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app
    • When was this? On the hour? Cant seem to find on iPlayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07yv456