Unofficial Mills
  1. BBC Radio 2

For discussion of all things from The Scott Mills Show... even what Chappers is up to these days.

Discussion Scott's new home on Radio 2.

2. BBC Radio 1

BBC Radio 1

Radio 1 geeks can go here to talk about the station, the DJs, the schedules, the events and more.

For the radio anoraks to discuss Radio 1 jingles, station imaging and anything else ultra geeky.

callspy

Discussion about Radio 1's flagship music event - taking place across the country every year.

3. Radio

Radio

• 740 posts

For discussion of other radio stations and the industry.

4. Off Topic Discussion

The Lounge

• 127.8k posts

For light hearted discussions with other forum members for those stuck in the office all day, and those just in from school!

• Who was online

• The music on Capital is a bit repetitive but I am not sure it is so much worse than Radio 1 these days.   Radio 1 probably has the odd more surprising track and a bigger variety of genres. As I have bored people before - I am a big fan of the show. Yes it is pretty structured and yes Jordan is a much more professional and less random version of himself but it's a great listen, fun, warm and feels very familiar in the morning to have everything in the same place each day. I often leave Capital on much of the day partly due to having been really busy at work and it is just wallpaper and partly as the Radio 1 line-up isn't must-listen for me these days.
    • Vicky in for Shanequa on Life Hacks next Sunday.
    • Financially your extra shift plan wouldn't have worked. Jordan made it clear he wanted a big breakfast show and with Greg still doing well and wanting to stay, that just wasn't an option at R1. Jordan in the afternoons would have been brilliant but wouldn't have met his career goal nor would have paid super well. The way it all happened left a bad taste both ways IMO, but seems circumstances combined to make it inevitable.
    • Yep do wonder once all the changes have bedded in if that's the way it'll go. Maia already does a fair bit of cover on that slot and long-term do wonder if Mollie will want to do two shows on a Wednesday (though I do wonder if they might pre-record Future Pop to get around that). Plus, much like James Cusack, Maia is certainly worthy of a permenant slot.
    • I’d have given Jordan and prob Katie breakfast shifted Greg til later 9-9:30 and added in an extra shift to fit them all in and when Greg wanted to move on would have extended Jordan. Going back to the point about afternoon I believe that is why and I get the outrage at the time why Scott was moved to the afternoon from drive to a. Reduce the age and b. Give him and Chris more freedom and have drive doing more corporate content 
    • He is everywhere! I saw an advert for Haven holidays advertising Jordan doing DJ sets at their holiday parks.
    • Jordan jumped in a secretive way, that would annoy anyone who invest in someone let alone Aled.  I don't think you can compare Radio 1 to Capital anymore as Capital is aiming older at two difference audiences like Hits Radio.  Radio 1 is still focused on youth which is good.  With Capital expanding it's age range it now has a chance on gaining reach which means it has a greater chance of overtaking Radio 1 because that's something Radio 1 can't do, expand.  I can't listen to Capital and the Breakfast show seems to be full of old gimmicks.  I mean Roman did the tattoo thing over 8 years ago. Do something Original!  I know Jordan made a point of being free when he left the BBC but I think Jordan is now in a place where he is over exposed. He's done to much to quickly.  The Tour, Podcast, Capital, Sponsored Ads and now This Morning showbiz segment.  I seen a few comments now from 'I've properly gone off Jordan North' to "Why is Jordan North everywhere, he’s like a rash who won’t fuck off". Maybe those BBC rules were protecting him after all.  I like Jordan and still think Radio 1 should have given Jordan the afternoon show solo or with Katie to design it his way.  He would of had more freedom than on drive.  Breakfast is not everything these days.       
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Deco36