Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky you! I really want to see them but I can't decide where. It's always Shieffield or Birmingham but never Nottingham.

My two best friends are coming to see me tomorrow and we're going to the Summer Pary and the afterparty. Good times :)

I'm just assuming I'll be in London in November. Can't see where else I'll be. And I've heard lots of good things about Muse live. A few of my friends went to see them in Nottingham in November 2006, sucks that they're not playing Nottingham again really.

Summer Party should be really good, I like the line-up. The drinks tokens are a rip-off though. It was good last year although the weather was good then, it might be a bit less fun if it rains.

My exams are over :D find out the results 2 weeks from today :confused: really don't know how that'll go. There was a question in the exam today that was basically asking what Karl Marx would think of the current financial crisis. So all that insomnia time spent listening to Radio 4 really paid off because I have great current affairs knowledge.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure
I'm just assuming I'll be in London in November. Can't see where else I'll be. And I've heard lots of good things about Muse live. A few of my friends went to see them in Nottingham in November 2006, sucks that they're not playing Nottingham again really.

Summer Party should be really good, I like the line-up. The drinks tokens are a rip-off though. It was good last year although the weather was good then, it might be a bit less fun if it rains.

My exams are over :D find out the results 2 weeks from today :confused: really don't know how that'll go. There was a question in the exam today that was basically asking what Karl Marx would think of the current financial crisis. So all that insomnia time spent listening to Radio 4 really paid off because I have great current affairs knowledge.

I've also heard their live performance is something you should experience. One of my closest friends is going to Sheffield Uni this year, I have another good friend at Birmingham Uni and my best friend is in London so it's a tough decision. I think the guy in Birmingham would love to see them but still, it would make my choice much easier if they were coming to Nottingham.

I was very happy when they announced the Futureheads at the Summer Party - I've never seen them before so it should be good. I'm also looking forward to the Yeah You's, Ladyhawke, the Rakes and the Young Knives. It's a shame that Pendulum and Late of the Pier are only doing DJ sets but I've heard that Pendulum DJ sets are amazing so I guess it's good enough.

Isn't it the best feeling in the world when your exams are over! Well done on the financial crisis question. I really don't like the fact that we get our results in 2 weeks. It's too soon. I preferred it at A Level when you could just relax and forget about it as soon as your exams were over. I'm tempted not to open the envelope but I guess I need to know if I have to do any resits.

Yeah I am not looking forward to the results being the morning after my 21st birthday. Will be a very nervous birthday. I saw The Futureheads about a year ago at the Rescue Rooms, was very energetic (although my friend got punched for no apparent reason). The Rakes are also very energetic. I've not see the Young Knives but have been wanting to see them for ages.

I am feeling better than I was, am able to eat a bit more without feeling sick which is good.

I got my way with my year two timetable, after much arguing with my tutor. Hello 26 hours. :|

26 hours a week? Lucky you - I think I have 34 or something like that next year. This year I've had 36 hours a week. It's a lot, but I'm used to it now...

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

That's really good Heather. And congratulations Owen :)

Last night I had a funny night involving helping a male friend dress in a Cruella de Vil outfit. He went to some extreme lengths with the costume, including make-up, jewellery, fake nails and some fake cleavage. Had some other good fancy dress as well. Unfortunately not many bars on campus were open which kind of limited our bar crawl somewhat. Still had a laugh though. Oh and my cold is getting better, yesterday I spent the day in bed which has helped and I feel sniffly but otherwise ok now.

Instead of going to Glasgow tomorrow and spending the day with Rich then coming home in the evening I'm now going to Glasgow, spending the day with Rich then headed up to Dundee to stay with him until Saturday morning. Can't wait. :D

I am SO jealous of you. I'm not going to Glasgow until in 4½ months, and I really miss it :(

I passed my driving test!

Oh, great, congratulations! I haven't even started yet...

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot