• Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.

Forums

1. Off Topic Discussion

1. The Lounge

For light hearted discussions with other forum members for those stuck in the office all day, and those just in from school!

1. The Scott Mills Show

For discussion of all things from The Scott Mills Show on BBC Radio 1... even what Chappers is up to these days.

1. BBC Radio 1

Radio 1 geeks can go here to talk about the station, the DJs, the schedules, the events and more.

For the radio anoraks to discuss Radio 1 jingles, station imaging and anything else ultra geeky.

Chat about Radio 1's flagship event - the Big Weekend - Europe's biggest ticketed free music festival.

1. 3

No registered users viewing this page.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    da304m

• I'm pretty sure one of the females that featured in the 2012-2014 package is in the new 2016/17 imaging..
    • I do agree with much of above, actually. I feel as though this rebrand is highly inconsistent - the breakfast show sounds like it's from a student radio station and isn't in sync with the rest of the packages.  Pre-edited "Radio 1" voices are edited into the beginning of audio packages, and then suddenly a rather brash "GREG JAMES" is shouted over the intro vocals. The Breakfast Show is now essentially news, music and completely over the top 20 second idents. Nick might aswell not even be there.  Newsbeat sounds completely different to the rest of the station. The station is just a confusing mash of noise. Even the trails sound pretty bad. And the other thing - they need to stop using WiseBuddah, Pure, Music4, IMGR and an in-house team. They should stick with one - remember those bloody amazing Pure packages from the 2012 era? They didn't require any music to prop them up, didn't have naff voices. There was no arsing about, just some beautiful idents that sounded big but not too big. Brilliant voices, even better production. Here's a little trip down memory lane for how I think Radio 1 imaging SHOULD sound:  
    • New Years Eve

06:00 Yasser
      10:00 Jordan North
      13:00 Adele Roberts
      16:00 Dance Anthems
      19:00 NYE Megamix
      02:00 Essential Mix of the Year

New Year's Day

06:00 Yasser
      10:00 Jordan North
      13:00 Adele Roberts
      16:00 Radio 1's Most Played of 2016 with Cel Spellman
      19:00 Rock Show
      22:00 Phil Taggart
      00:00 Essential Mix of the Year

2nd January

04:00 Adele Roberts
      06:30 Scott & Chris
      10:00 Clara Amfo
      13:00 Matt Edmondson
      16:00 Dev
      19:00 Mistajam 
      21:00 AS NORMAL

3rd January

04:00 Adele Roberts
      06:30 Scott & Chris
      10:00 Clara Amfo
      13:00 Matt Edmondson
      16:00 Dev
      19:00 Mistajam 
      21:00 AS NORMAL

4th January - Normal Schedule apart from Dev - 16:00
    • If these intros are "radio trends around station imaging", then god help the imaging companies who lead the way in these trends. These intros might be adventurous, however they are certainly nothing but a mishmash of uncertainty as to what station I'm listening to. And powerful they certainly are not.  The key to successful radio imaging is to use normal voices as has been used for years on many stations, not to rhyme the station name into a song which is about to be played, which could also be contractually and legally wrong if a music artist has not given their permission for it to be used in this way. You will know of my love for the new power intros with Mike. Nearly 7 months after they were originally aired for BBC Radios most geeky, pointless tacky feature New Music Friday, I have only recently decided that these would be a suitable replacement to the 2014 package. IMGR's latest production is a stark contrast to the Mike Wooller ones, and IMGR's clearly demonstrate an imaging of incompetent trends. I've heard music played on the Daniel P Carter Rock show which is clearer than these intros. Power is all about simplicity in imaging - Mike and his female assistant have done it fine. The breakfast show has recently been ruined with another package that is quite frankly ludicrous in the way it comes across. Whatever happened to the WB refresh? It aired for a few days before disappearing. I understand the station wants to keep up with trends which is fair enough and I blame the awful trends at the radio's imaging industry as a whole. But now we have these, the breakfast show imaging, the Mike intros, a mix of the 2014 ones, chart imaging and the Newsbeat 2015 theme. The imaging is all over the place and there is a sincere lack of inconsistency. The NMF imaging has haunted this entire image rebrand since April, and since then it has been the slowest rush ever of an introduction to running a radio station with no clear image. Even the Where It Begins tagline has suffered throughout as you hardly hear it TOTH now! I know nothing about radio branding imaging, however I do know professionalism when I hear it and there isn't any here. I do not mean to come across negative with my comments and make no apology for it, but I say what I think and know. Rant ranted. For now.