• Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.

Forums

1. Off Topic Discussion

1. The Lounge

For light hearted discussions with other forum members for those stuck in the office all day, and those just in from school!

1. The Scott Mills Show

For discussion of all things from The Scott Mills Show on BBC Radio 1... even what Chappers is up to these days.

1. BBC Radio 1

Radio 1 geeks can go here to talk about the station, the DJs, the schedules, the events and more.

For the radio anoraks to discuss Radio 1 jingles, station imaging and anything else ultra geeky.

Chat about Radio 1's flagship event - the Big Weekend - Europe's biggest ticketed free music festival.

1. 3

No registered users viewing this page.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    bastyblack83

• Have you noticed for a number of songs you'll hear a highly-produced intro,  and a few days later it gets dropped for a boring version? Ellie Goulding's new song for example - the original had an auto-tuned Ellie saying her name but it's since been replaced with a generic voiceover. Alice Levine mentioned on air she wasn't happy about that one actually. It seems they're testing new sounds and voices out, dropping parts that don't work along the way. Perhaps when a sound is settled on we'll hear things on a more permanent basis. Also heard an intro yesterday that had 'Where It Begins' mixed in. I sort of figured that slogan was getting phased out but maybe not.
    • This did confuse me

Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app
    • They don't announce the winners until the 19th October...
    • 2 new voiceovers I have heard today on NMF. The first one is defently a VO from the 2012-14 package, sounds like Holly Meyrick which is great if true. That makes it the second 2012 voiceover I've heard on the Power Intro package. The second one is a male VO on the 'Blow Your Mind (Mwah)' Power Intro, sadly I don't recognise the voice so for me it's an all new voiceover. I've noticed some things today, the new 2012-14 VO I have heard today is mainly paired with the female residency and R1 sound like they are re-doing old Power Intros. Interesting times ahead... 
    • I listen to 3 shows on Radio 1 every week, Scott, Alice & Cel, those are the shows that have great presenters and content at the moment, I know where everyone comes from with Cel but he always has something going on on his show! So I will not be persuaded otherwise on this matter.