Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

Glad to hear you are moving in the right direction. I suffered from similar problems for a long time and never thought it would end. I'd convinced myself it would be like that forever but I'm glad to say I have now moved on from that time in my life! Are you getting any professional help or support?

For a start I'm on anti-Anxiety drugs which are beginning to help quite a bit, I start counselling in February hopefully, and I have various other stuff I have to do, getting me in a condition to return to college (albeit a year late) in September. I also have an Occupational therapist whose helping me sort all sorts of stuff out, so it's all going in the right direction. :)

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, my pic is going to be in the Daily Express on Sat! I haven't decided if that rocks or sucks....depends on what the picture looks like:shock:

How come? What have you done? Good or bad? :P

I'm not sure if this exactly rocks but it certainly made me feel a little bit better. I just plucked up the courage to ask a friend of mine how he feels. I like him, a lot, and I've told him that in the past, but I was fairly convinced that he just wasn't interested in me. He said he's confused, he isn't really sure how he feels and he wants to take things slowly really. I felt like things were improved somewhat by talking about it. It still remains to see how my housemate would react if I got together with him and also I have a major difficulty with committing to anyone. But I think it really helped talking to him. A friend advised me to ask him how he feels and it was good advice.

My night out wasn't too bad in the end, although everyone except for me and the friend mentioned above went home before 1am.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure

Well done Lucinda! Certainty is always better than uncertainty even when the certainty is uncertain.

My boyfriend and I are going to Paris tomorrow. I have been to a lot of coutnries in Europe but I've never been to France (well, not properly anyway) so I'm very excited. Also, my boyfriend got me an iPod Touch for my Name Day which is now my new best friend. And I'm through to the third round of mooting. It's a lot of work but it will look excellent on my CV ;) I'm quite pleased as I always thought I'd be rubbish at it - I always awanted to be a commercial lawyer rather than a barrister. I'm not much of a public speaker and this has really increased my confidence - there are only 12 of us left now out of the original 60 and it's probably the most important legal competition.

Name Day

I want a name day in my country! Jono Day could be like 1st March.

Woop! I am going to Maximo Park at the UEA in May. Two years after their last gig which blew me away as you'll probably have heard Greg James talk about from he was a student there. I was only a new convert to the band at the time so only knew a few of their songs. That will all change this time :)

Glad your night went well Lucinda....also maybe some romance on the way!? ;)

Well I don't know. I mean now I am left mulling over the age-old question of friends or more than friends, which is what he is confused about also. I don't think the issue will go away. Either way it is probably best to leave it till post-uni and post-Glastonbury, which is 5 months away, when the rest of my life starts. Regular readers will probably know something of my phobia of commitment and relationships. I don't want to mess him around as he really is a lovely guy. I just need to be patient and see what happens. All too often I act on impulse but this time I don't want to end up doing that.

I went to the doctor today and he prescribed some beta-blockers so hopefully they will help with my anxiety symptoms and help me to get work done and sleep more.

I'm also going to Maximo Park, it'll be the third time seeing them and I can't wait. I'm going to see The Rakes for the second time tomorrow too.

Since I couldn't sleep and woke up at 8:30, I decided to spend the day laying hedgerows in a local nature reserve. This involved rather a lot more effort than I'd imagined. First we had to cut down a load of sapplings and cut them into lengths about 6 feet long, then almost cut through the trunks of some more trees and then hit them with a machete and then bend them over horizontally. Then we had to hammer the 6 foot tree trunks into the ground. My friend nearly cut my hand off with a saw, lovely stuff. It was pretty good fun although hard work, the tree we were working on really didn't want to behave and was too close to another one for the saw to be much use.

Anyway I feel a bit more relaxed although it is taking me time to warm up again. I think I should go outside and chop down trees more often, it seems to be good at controlling my anxiety.

Good stuff Lucinda.:)

I decided to post this blog from forum member Jembie, as she hasn't and I know there are a fair few Lush fans on here, plus Valentine's Day is coming up boys... If this offer is still on, this will rock my life to a certain extent.

Not intending to be a spammer in any way, shape or form, I promise.: http://anewjembie.blogspot.com/2009/01/lush.html

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.