Unofficial Mills
  • Who was online

• Another big fan of the Capital breakfast show here.  I didn't expect to stick with it, but I try to listen back every day (I have Greg on every morning because I am a huge fan of his style and can't think of any other presenters who can do what he does solo on that show every day). I tend to catch up on Capital, either at 10.30am when RMC start, or in the afternoon, depending on what's on in work. I never was the biggest fan of Vick & Jordan together on going home.  It had some funny moments, but for the most part it seemed to me like Vick playing herself down and giggling a lot,  and Jordan reining in his tangents and was mostly an awkward listen for me. Jordan with Chris and Sian has turned into a must listen.  I get that it's very different from R1, ads, shorter links etc are some of the criticisms. But, they have a lot of features, they seem to make the links count and get into interesting topics, different topics every day. Maybe it's just my age, but I feel like they are celebrating all things average that most people would be able to take part in. It's laugh out loud radio that I really wasn't expecting it to be, having never been a Capital listener before. I miss Sian already, but Kemi is doing a great job filling in, she seems a great fit so far. Breakfast is the only show I listen to on Capital, so I can't comment on how repetitive it gets throughout the day. I imagine it's no different to a whole day of R1 at the moment though. I find that Capital seem to sprinkle more variety into the playlist daily and throw a few old school tracks in there to mix it up more. To me it feels like the Radio 1.5 I have been waiting for. Playing the Birds of a Feather theme tune is acceptable here and it's okay to admit to going to bed at 8pm. Perfect! Maybe I haven't been listening long enough for the playlist to grate on me yet. I am fidning the R1 playlist repetitively dull at the moment, but that's partly because I am not that much invested in the presenters/shows that are on after Greg at the moment. In the same way I am not interested in anything else on Capital apart from breakfast.  When Scott said 'Oh god it's not Tiesto with The Business again?' during the last lolathon I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking the same! I was listening because it was Scott & Chris.  
    • OJ Borg in for Romesh Ranganathan this Saturday (15th June).
    • I always listen to Greg in the Morning and then Capital with Jordan in the Afternoon instead of going home (mainly so I can skip past the ads)
    • I often see jerry pushing his club nights, they look fun. Also katie does some other bbc tv work, so it seems to be the norm. Isn't it our version of a side hustle
    • Katie is off next Thursday so Jamie will do a rare Thursday show
    • I must admit I love listening to the all new breakfast show with Jordan Chris and Sian (kemi) for now I am actually enjoying listening to the show but my problem is I listen to the radio all day and I find it hard to listen to capital fm all day everyday it’s just so repetitive after the breakfast show you have just boring links with the same 15 songs getting played example on the playlist this week you have the sugababes and the wanted getting played just about every hour I’m sorry the capital breakfast is a good listen but the station overall is boring and repetitive they need to make all the other shows as fun and entertaining as the breakfast show 
    • It’s always been the norm for dj’s to have other projects
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Deco36