Unofficial Mills

Katie and Chris in for Scott

Jono

Really that early? although I know when Greg started Breakfast he was in at 515 usually - I know Grimmy used to come in at like 0600

On 3/14/2022 at 4:19 PM, GeekTalk51 said:

Guess it depends on when they can arrange to get callers on etc - I would assume similar: sometime around midday, I’m given to understand they’re in for 11, and in the studio for 12ish.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, Lee E said:

Really that early? although I know when Greg started Breakfast he was in at 515 usually - I know Grimmy used to come in at like 0600

I think for breakfast you prep + meetings after the show whereas afternoons you do that first - I remember asking Scott’s producer about it a few years ago out of curiosity when I was on to do a feature. This was when Mark Lockett (now of Absolute Radio) produced the show.

Many of which and the format differences how can’t compare his contributions to Dave from Chris M. There’s obvious some levels of hierarchy one’s name on the show and one more paid but that’s not really issue to the show and relative equal pretty much on air and how they get along

This has been discussed numerous times before. I'm sure he's more than capable (he's equal to Scott on 5live as a co host) but I'm sure if he wanted to or the bosses wanted him to after all these years, it would've happened.

The dynamic works well, and personally I like when someone else comes in on the show. It's been a while since it's happened as S&C are both off at the same time nowadays. I used to enjoy the dynamic between Chris and Matt Edmondson, and later Jordan when they used to sit in.

I mean most stations probably least has Co-host at Chris’s level or producers or presenter were need toilet/smoke/water break or any emergency related thing for someone to control what comes next for moments.

I remember time when Scott was late from interviewing I think one direction few years back when Chris jokingly read out the first few numbers of Scott’s phone number. I think the odd link read out and maybe introducing the Co-host of who he is joined by when Scott is off ill or on holiday may have been been reasonable. About Moyles within the comparison Moyles breakfast show had a full team of Dave the ‘comedy guy’ there for banter and worked on show ideas and think writing bits had sports presenter news presenter and producers who throughout the history of the show always was there with Chris Moyles and even Chris Evans today and then when did their breakfast show tone of it is very different to lunchtime shows less relaxed and desire to inform and entertain.

Dave was less dominant as Moyles anchored and held court so to say he had grip and control of the ‘The Chris Moyles’ show so much so he could as able to take figures like Dom and format over with him to X I think. There's the case that there’s a more subtle and less noticeable hierarchy between Scott and Chris I think that’s attributed to their long careers together and why think they’d always work together in some capacity and will still continue to present together beyond Radio 1 unlike Chris M and Dave V. Think it wouldn’t have made such sense for Dave V to present a whole show by himself in the stations biggest time slot where he didn’t play a bigger role than News and Sports presenters on the show

I guess it’s more noticeable on air now than before because we basically have shows that carry on as normal (well apart from Katie depping on drive) across the whole schedule. All daytime and then Matt/Mollie going solo when the other is off as has been said, I guess for whatever reason they’ve kept this dynamic on R1. Chris goes on with someone else on 5L when Scott isn’t available… I don’t think you’d build a show like this now, but it’s history/how it came about mean this basically “is what it is”.

• 2 weeks later...