Jump to content

Schedule Changes


Dan18F1
 Share

Recommended Posts


8 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

For 4 weeks from Monday 9th August there will be 2 fewer shows per day Monday-Thursday, as follows:

 

10.30-14.00 Adele Roberts

14.00-18.00 Nick Grimshaw for the first week, Scott for the rest

18.00-21.00 Future Sounds - interim presenter TBC

21.00-00.00 Jack Saunders

 

Not sure if they will do something similar Fri-Sun, also not sure what's happening the week before from 2nd August as Annie has left by that point.  So it looks like Clara's last mid-morning show and RMC's last evening show will both be on Thursday 5th August.

 

Also, Alex & Numi (August's Fri early brek presenters) are in for Arielle 9th-12th August.

Woah, this is like the 2020 modified schedule all over again, but at least it means Scott is back on drive (if only for a few weeks), and Grimmy gets extra long shows in his final week on R1, should be very fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HoodedGumboot said:

Neeeeed Moooore.

Late night ones would be super.

 

Good job re spotify.

 

9 minutes ago, Old Codger Fan said:

A little off-topic, as it relates to a different station, but didn't want to open up a whole new thread just for this, so .... Well done, Craig Charles - and well-deserved too ,,, Craig Charles to host new BBC Radio 6 Music weekday afternoon show - Media Centre

I mean feel like Amy Lame would’ve been great in breakfast slot but it’s odd to now have the 06:00-08:00 08:00-09 ieth Radcliffe and Maconie don’t think they said yet what is going to be on Iggy Pop’s slot Craig Charles is most definitely be in the top ten earners at the BBC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott & Chris are off 5 Live for the Olympics with Adrian Chiles on in that timeslot. Makes mores sense as they will be frequently crossing to live play-by-play of the events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Vick & Katie are in for Jordan on Friday 30th July and Sunday 1st August.  Katie is in for Jordan on Saturday 31st July.

Arielle is in for Matt & Mollie on Friday 30th July.

I’m assuming that this weekend is Jordan’s last weekend shows then? And then he’ll have a couple of weeks holiday and then a few weeks of trialing Drivetime shows. Although I’m not sure how that will work with Vick being over in Japan. Does anyone know when she goes over there? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Vick & Katie are in for Jordan on Friday 30th July and Sunday 1st August.  Katie is in for Jordan on Saturday 31st July.

Arielle is in for Matt & Mollie on Friday 30th July.

Sam & Danni in for Vick & Katie on Life Hacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dan18F1 said:

I’m assuming that this weekend is Jordan’s last weekend shows then? And then he’ll have a couple of weeks holiday and then a few weeks of trialing Drivetime shows. Although I’m not sure how that will work with Vick being over in Japan. Does anyone know when she goes over there? 

Assuming a week before with time for isolation if she’s on the ground for it it’s normally two weeks after the Olympics conclude to ensure that things can be accessible but the state of covid and decisions to make it happen means there isn’t straight 100% with it probably back within a week to start new show but could cut it close assuming her agents have smoothed things over before the press announcements made public 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 9:42 AM, Lily Georgia said:

For 4 weeks from Monday 9th August there will be 2 fewer shows per day Monday-Thursday, as follows:

 

10.30-14.00 Adele Roberts

14.00-18.00 Nick Grimshaw for the first week, Scott for the rest

18.00-21.00 Future Sounds - interim presenter TBC

21.00-00.00 Jack Saunders

 

Not sure if they will do something similar Fri-Sun, also not sure what's happening the week before from 2nd August as Annie has left by that point.  So it looks like Clara's last mid-morning show and RMC's last evening show will both be on Thursday 5th August.

 

Also, Alex & Numi (August's Fri early brek presenters) are in for Arielle 9th-12th August.

The evening schedule remains the same as it currently is in W/c 9th August. Adele does start interim for Clara in this week though, meaning Clara’s last show is 5th August. 

As part of the Radio 1 Dance weekend:

DJ Target and Jeremiah Asiamah host together for four hours from 7pm-11pm on 7th August (No Tiffany).

No Rock Show, instead it’s Benji B from 9-11. There’s no BBC Introducing either, instead there is an extended BBC Introducing Dance with Jaguar from 11pm-1am.

Also, for Grimmy’s last week of shows, the schedule lists ‘Station Off Air.’ Makes me think that they are planning something quite special that will be listed as a different programme for his final shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Lily Georgia said:

Katie is in for Jordan the weekend of 13th-15th August.

Mollie is solo the weekend of 13th-15th August.

Charlie Tee is in for Danny on Friday 13th August.

Jessica Maciel is in for Charlie on Saturday 14th August.

I’d imagine it will either be Katie or Arielle in that slot then until September? I’d guess Sam and Danni will probably be covering Life Hacks over the summer too. 
Anyone know who Charlie Tee is? I wonder if Danny will be off until he moves to Annie’s slot too? I wonder who will be covering Annie’s Friday night show for the next 6 weeks too. And also linked to that, there still doesn’t seem to be any cover for Annie’s weekday show at the moment. 
Also nice to see Jessica Maciel again, she stood out too from the Christmas presenters. I wonder if Charlie will be off Dance Anthems too while preparing for her new show? 
 

I didn’t realise quite how many changes are going to happen to radio 1 over the next few weeks, it’s almost going to be like a completely different station between now and September. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

August cover presenters

Olly Alexander, Charlie XCX, YUNGBLUD, Arlo Parks & Tom Grennan will host Future Sounds throughout August, starting with Olly on the 2nd August

Jodie Harsh, Jax Jones, Eats Everything & Franky Wah will host Radio 1's Dance Party starting with Jodie on the 13th August.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

Why just tour unis? A live radio 1 tour would be amazing!

 

1 minute ago, michaelb said:

August cover presenters

Olly Alexander, Charlie XCX, YUNGBLUD, Arlo Parks & Tom Grennan will host Future Sounds throughout August, starting with Olly on the 2nd August

Jodie Harsh, Jax Jones, Eats Everything & Franky Wah will host Radio 1's Dance Party starting with Jodie on the 13th August.

With Eats Everything and Jax Jones done those slots before have broadcasting experience Jax also with his Apple Music show. Arlo Parks was an artist and Yungblud podcast on R1 show some coming in with strong experience of presentin. Not sure if Olly ever covered Adenuga when she was on what was then Beats 1. Charlie I know covered Zane Lowe’s show when was Beats 1 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...