Chatbox
    The UM chatbox is open to members of the forum who have made an active contribution through posts.
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.

Forums

1. Off Topic Discussion

1. The Lounge

For light hearted discussions with other forum members for those stuck in the office all day, and those just in from school!

1. The Scott Mills Show

For discussion of all things from The Scott Mills Show on BBC Radio 1... even what Chappers is up to these days.

1. BBC Radio 1

Radio 1 geeks can go here to talk about the station, the DJs, the schedules, the events and more.

For the radio anoraks to discuss Radio 1 jingles, station imaging and anything else ultra geeky.

Chat about Radio 1's flagship event - the Big Weekend - Europe's biggest ticketed free music festival.

1. 5

No registered users viewing this page.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Acelink

• I've finally done it. Just finished listening to all 50 hours of R1 Vintage. I loved every minute of it. Even when I heard tracks and genres that usually I would switch off. I have sacrificed not licensing to any any live Radio or music and made it through. Thank you BBC for reminding just how much Radio 1has meant to me over the years. I shall be keeping with Vintage themes and be writing Mr Cooper a letter. What was everyone's personal highlights?

Sent from my SM-A520F using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

• I'm never a fan of "here's 15 minutes/half an hour/an hour of massive tunes" features - it's just a lazy way of filling time without being creative. Okay if it's just once a week, with genuinely good songs, but they're overdone on Radio 1 at the moment imo. What Scott's show needs for the 3:30 half hour is a new quiz, in the tradition of Oh! What's Occurring and Real or No Real occupying that time since he started on the 1-4 show.    I echo this - it's clear that Radio 1 made a spontaneous decision without really thinking it through, when they saw how popular the Greatest Hits shows were. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them - but six hours a week of them in place of Matt's regular show? Nah. Just make it the last hour of Saturday or Sunday's show and let Matt have his show back. I can't see it lasting too long as it is. Perhaps to the end of the year at the most, but I'm fairly sure that come January it'll be back to normal. Besides, the novelty of songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s has already gone because the recent shows have skewed towards newer songs anyway.  Oh, and one more thing - I HATE the Parents vs Kids Quiz. Such a naff feature, and very out of target. 
    • Loved it but I Hope it’s not a gear up for bigger things like a full ‘bangers show’ or a swap with Matt who already seems to now control such a show. matt edmondsons last podcast before he went away in September he talked about the podcast returning and stories in October but so far he’s been stuck still doing the ‘Greatest Hits Show’ and the one feature remaining that fits in parents vs kids quiz. Don’t know how long this will carry on for or even if he anticipated it
    • I think it's a shame the documentaries are on in the absolute graveyard slot. Wish they were a bit more bold and made 30 minute ones to air between 6 and 7 during Cel and Katie's new show. I'd make 4-6 for them fun- games, celebs etc, then gear change after 6- bring in Dr Radha, air a 20 minute or 30 minute documentary between 6 and 6:30 and then have a Surgery-style discussion based around that topic until 7. Radio 1 does those documentaries and discussions really well and they can have a positive and huge impact on a young audience. The 45% British acts rule is stupid- if its' good enough, it'll get played. The great thing about R1 daytime is the mix of music- hit songs, new stuff, British and American and other, R1 should decide the playlist and no one else. I absolutely love Greg's show the moment. Going through another golden era (similar to when Pippa and Travis were on)- you can tell Chris Sawyer and Greg are much better friends than Ian and Greg were. There's some brilliant stuff with the whole team (Greg, Chris Smith, Chris Sawyer and Greg) who are all brilliant on air after 6pm. It would make a fantastic breakfast show.