Chatbox
    The UM chatbox is open to members of the forum who have made an active contribution through posts.
    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.

Forums

1. Off Topic Discussion

1. The Lounge

For light hearted discussions with other forum members for those stuck in the office all day, and those just in from school!

1. The Scott Mills Show

For discussion of all things from The Scott Mills Show on BBC Radio 1... even what Chappers is up to these days.

1. BBC Radio 1

Radio 1 geeks can go here to talk about the station, the DJs, the schedules, the events and more.

For the radio anoraks to discuss Radio 1 jingles, station imaging and anything else ultra geeky.

Chat about Radio 1's flagship event - the Big Weekend - Europe's biggest ticketed free music festival.

1. 3

No registered users viewing this page.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    FoxSector

• I know the amount of music on radio 1 is becoming annoying. I know it's a music station but if I just wanted to listen to music with no funniness I could just listen to the radio 1 playlist on Spotify!
    • I like that. I think Scott needs to stay on the weekday schedule though, either in his current slot or back to 4-7 and thus taking over the chart. 
    • I actually like it the way it is. Sorry to say but the chart has become pretty much irrelevant for me and I suspect many others nowadays. It just doesn't have the same buzz or excitement it used to. I also think streaming being included has devalued the number 1- we've only had 2 number 1s in 3 months or something (Shape of You and Rockabye)- boring.  Radio-wise, I miss Greg's normal Friday show. I'd much rather have Feet Up Friday back than listen to the chart. I also love Dance Anthems and tune in especially for that at 6- great show, sounds huge and is perfect for the weekend. That slot has traditionally been like that too (Ready for the Weekend and Floorfillers with Scott (whoooo)). I suggested it at the time and I'd favour it moving to Clara's slot, it gets nearly 3 hours like before but doesn't clog up one of the main personality shows. Greg's one of the best Chart presenters but I feel he's wasted doing it- Clara was good and a huge upgrade on Jameela in the time she did it on Sundays. I do miss the Reggie Yates Sunday 4pm days though if I'm honest- the chart belongs there and Reggie was perfect as a presenter (and Scott used to be the main cover which was always a nice surprise on a Sunday). Anyway, times have changed
    • This has been annoying me- one of the great things about RONR is the banter between Scott, Chris and the DJ and the flow of the game. It has the potential to be one of the funniest things on Radio 1 when they're on top form and the facts are funny. Stopping after 1 fact to play a song we've heard countless times is pointless and ruins the flow. It's happened a few times where they've only done 2 facts. Such a shame, especially now that they have such a good line-up with Greg on Mondays, Charlie Sloth on Tuesdays, Alice on Thursdays and Cel on Friday. They all have the potential to be hilarious and have been great the last few weeks, just drop the song in the middle and go back to 4 facts!

• Just to quote a user on here: "Clara has got the personality of a raisin"
      I wouldn't be that harsh, but... Don't like her show. More on that at The station -> Radio 1 -> Clara Amfo

Sent from my D6503 using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app