Unofficial Mills

Fearne's new morning show

E*F*4L

I listened to Fearne this morn. Usually my radio goes on for an hour after the alarm goes off; I set it for 9.30 and I listen till 10.30 and get up. Ect. Usually I would listen to WTF and then get up. But today listening to Cotton was not enjoyable at all. I felt she was SHOUTING AT US! The cringe worthy "Mr Moyles" was a tad tedious. And the big book of dating? Tip 1, meet a musician, date a musician, get them to play for your radio station, then break up with them.

Sorry Fearne, Jo was there since 2002. It is not an easy job to replace someone who has created the 10-12.45 slot to be her own, but I do feel its like she is just sitting in for Jo.

radio1.png

18697.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True. I have heard a fire alarm go off. and a cat being run over.

She is on while they are at school and she really doesn't connect with me.

It was a mere swipe at sarcasm- for the record it is very much NOT a good move by Granddad Parfitt and she has no idea how to connect with younger listeners. Jo didn't speak to the audience like idiots, she is sorely missed!

Sorry Fearne, Jo was there since 2002. It is not an easy job to replace someone who has created the 10-12.45 slot to be her own, but I do feel its like she is just sitting in for Jo.

whiley was there way before 2002. when simon mayo left in spring 2001 she did get her show hours extended from 10-12.45, mark and lard started an hour earlier from 1-3 and moyles was on from 3.

on the grid.

I stand by what I said earlier in the thread.

If Fearne had come on on Monday morning with a completely new show, something different "to make the show her own" I might have listened. So far she has done nothing but tried to imitate whiley features and it sounds like she is sitting in for jo.

Fearne had a good month/6 weeks to prep for this show, and the best new feature she could think of was a book of dating, and to bring the new music generator to daytimes? A feature that has no credibility when done by fearne for the daytime listener. It may have worked at the weekend when I imagine the average age of listeners drops. Imagine the NMG with Jo - would have had an air of authority about and you would have listened.

This move has really got me angry, and tnh im starting to think if I want to carry on with R1 - i dont like the way its moving, and Im finding some good alternatives atm as I move around the local stations.

I try not to listen to Fearne because, quite frankly, she isn't very good. But, and sorry if anyone has brought this up already, has anyone else noticed how awkward the handovers between her and Moyles are? Whiley always seemed to have a mix of love/hate for Moyles, but generally knew how to handle him and react to things and it became a highlight to listen to. Moyles and Fearne have absolutely ZERO chemistry together and it just seems to awkward to listen to a master like Moyles try to do his usual bits with someone who is utterly useless and has no idea what to say to it other than "ummm.... no."

It's made even worse by the current promos going out with Fearne saying "it's been my dream to be on Radio One, and I used to record myself doing the chart as a kid", as if to BEG and PLEAD the listeners to give a fuck about her. And they don't.

Not impressed at all.

I heard a good portion of Fearne's show this morning for the first time and found her totally off-putting. I always used to feel like Jo was a bit smug (possibly due to the way I perceive her accent since I'm American) but at least she gave a damn about the music. Fearne is just totally into herself, and that's the end of her schtick. Reggie used to keep her in check, but now that she's broken free on her own I can't stand her.

I couldn't believe it - I had to turn away, and I can honestly say I won't tune back in from 10-12:45 until she's gone, or until they bring on Reggie as her co-host.