Unofficial Mills

Is it the school holidays? I'm so confused!

Jono

We've just had Easter, and I'm sure all the kids were off then. My school went back this week, but now loads of people are at home and online because it's holidays AGAIN. How does that work? Kids today... they don't know they're born.

How about I give you all the coursework I have to have done within two weeks and then you tell me I don't know I'm born? Cheeky sod.

From past experience I did most of my ICT coursework in the holidays because I hadn't worked hard enough throughout the rest of the year.

We had half term not long before Easter, so we've got spring break this week and next.

Jeesh. I remember every holiday was separated by at least six or seven weeks at school when I was there.

Don't know if its the same everywhere, but for schools round here, they were off for easter weekend, but because easter fell so early this year, they didn't have the actual "easter holiday" then, just a 4 day weekend, then the 2 week holiday started last weekend.

Ouch, I thought you knew me better than to imply I don't work hard enough. :cry:

I remember last year I had big weekend tickets and did all of my coursework in that weekend. That (sort of) taught me not to procrastinate. I did go on to get a B in it though.

I don't know - my holidays seem to have started earlier than anyone I know, on 14th March, but term starts again on Monday (although I think I don't have any lectures till maybe wednesday, I'm just not really sure). All the school kids are off now though, I've just been to Brighton and the beach is packed.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I'm a teacher so my holidays are my life line!8)

god help you in this modern school world, i just hope you don't have to put up with what some of my old teachers had to put up with. theres a laugh and a joke, but it went way beyond that sometimes. i felt sorry for them.

on the grid.

I hate these holidays. Most of the schools are on holiday this week and next weekend. This means a very busy two weeks at my work and lots of rescues. I had to jump into the pool for four kids in five minutes yesterday. Then it begins again for the entire summer holidays. Never thought Id say this but I cant wait for uni to start again in September.

It's funny. I always prefer to teach the difficult kids. They're generally only hard work because they are really intelligent and are frustrated at being held back by the others, have some sort of learning difficulty that hasn't been picked up on yet or aren't being given sufficient motivation.

I'm not so keen on teacher's pets or over-keen types.

Maybe this is wrong? It just feels somehow more challenging to get a good grade out of a difficult youngster...

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I have 3 and a half weeks off, and I go back either tuesday or Wednesday, then it's one month till STUDY LEAVE! And then 8 days of exams and then summer hols and then UEA in September... provided I get the grades.

Wow, you're off to the UEA? I'm going in September too :)

Awesome. You live round there right? (Not being a stalker, don't worry)

Is there *much* to do? Have only been twice. Was meant to scope it out again this holiday but revision has been smothering me.

Loads to do - plenty of clubs and gigs and venues. I'm seeing Jimmy Carr in Norwich soon, and seeing Good Charlotte tomorrow night. Not that they're anything special these days, but I hear Paris Hilton is going to be there because she's joining her boyfriend on tour.