Unofficial Mills

Lauren Layfield and Shanequa Paris to present Life Hacks

R1Fan1

Given her training in mental health councelling would like to see Katie Thistleton doing some special programming under the Lifehacks show brand which could easily be extended to digital content included on social media channels with return of the podcast show across all podcasting platforms with contributions from the newsbeat team involved to do some reports on relevant issues. Think they could look to other multi-media formats where social media and podcasting could engage the more informative and educational elements of the stations public service information for its targeted youth audience.

Not a shock as in the interim it allows Katie to have from Thursday evening to Monday morning with her husband and it was obvious Vick was going to exit from the show even before the Jordan saga.

Also gives Lauren as a cover presenter for the whole station.

I'm not sure why Vick and Katie need to leave Life Hacks. Doing that and drivetime only means a five day working week, which is completely normal. They both clearly love the show as well, with Katie's job in counselling also lending itself to that. Seems silly to get two new presenters for it.

2 hours ago, UnofficialStark said:

I'm not sure why Vick and Katie need to leave Life Hacks. Doing that and drivetime only means a five day working week, which is completely normal. They both clearly love the show as well, with Katie's job in counselling also lending itself to that. Seems silly to get two new presenters for it.

I mean effectively it could’ve been seen as a sunday-Thursday drivetime programme,

7 hours ago, Jono said:

Bring back the Sunday Surgery 😂

I mean that bit later and condensed into an hour they seemed to include a lot more chat and really had it with a theme to each episodes I kind of think that they used to have weeks where they’d have a more thematic look at one issue that is relevant to its audience. Plus when it was on Sunday/Wednesday they used to have a chance to talk about more mature topics that if you are driving with kids in the car on a sunday afternoon or having it on in the kitchen it allowed for some less family friendly conversations and some scheduled organised phone-calls not an open free for all but some greater level of audience interaction which under the brand they could do on and off air whether they could do like what Newscast has done and launch a discord server or use a WhatsApp channel to produce extra interactive content and livestream Q&A across social media channels. There’s a very Gen Z social media multi-media approach that can be taken to lament the influence of information and education by the stations brands with using the content from Newsbeat and Lifehacks across social media.

17 minutes ago, 1_tw said:

Will life hacks still be presented from Manchester? If so another reason for them to both leave the show with Katie being London based now.

I mean with Vicky and Nat’s weekend show there will be guaranteed with Dean on early breakfast that every day of the week there will be content coming from Salford and that includes Victoria Jane’s programme also now got programming from Cardiff and wouldn’t be surprised if they would launch shows featured across Radio 1 and 2 coming from Glasgow any time after this year.

14 hours ago, bye_bae said:

They are freelancers and have other jobs too...also they are adults and do not need someone else to to tell them when to work and when to rest..

Of course. I'm not telling them when to work though, am I? Just saying I'm not sure why they chose not to continue. 

6 hours ago, UnofficialStark said:

Of course. I'm not telling them when to work though, am I? Just saying I'm not sure why they chose not to continue. 

I don't know about Katie, but for Vick things are pretty clear. Last year she took the whole summer off from Life hacks. She works Sun-Thu, then her husband works Friday and Sat. Wanting to have a day together is the most natural thing..."soft life" she said once...and she doesn't need to worry about the bills anymore...