Unofficial Mills

Gordon Brown

Will Gordon Brown be a good leader for the UK?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gordon Brown be a good leader for the UK?

• Yes
    • No
    • I eat coal

He will assume the premiership of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland in just five days' time.

Do you think he will be a good leader for this nation?

My perception of him has changed over the last few weeks, with a flurry of articles being printed in the 'papers about his relationship with Blair and other members of the government and I don't see him as being any more or less of a good leader than Blair, Major, Thatcher et al.

Tbh, i dont think you'll get anyone where you can say theyd definitely be a good leader for the UK. Personally though, i dislike him, doesnt mean he wont be a good prime minister though. Saying that, theres not many politicians i do like.

But yeah, i dont see it being much different either.

Slightly related to the leadership shenanigans, but Harriet Harman is the new Deputy Leader of the Labour Party. After Cruddas, she was my second choice; Anti-Iraq war, mildly left-wing.

Down here you can get it at most petrol stations

xx

Thats Charcoal for BBQ's aint it?

I think that Gordon Brown will be as good a leader of this country as anybody. Il say the same thing as I did when summing up Tony Blairs premiership, no matter who leads this country they are always going to make decisions these please some and displease others, you cannot keep everybody happy all of the time. Gordon Brown is capable of doing a good a job as any, yes he will have critics, but he will have plenty of plaudits too.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

Charcoal and coal not the same thing, charcoal is made by burning err, stuff in a limited supply of oxygen. I do listen in science sometimes.

Yep, basically charcoal is man-made in 'retorts' and coal is extracted from the Earth and both are used differently.

A lot of the hatred towards him is purely because he is Scottish.

'Hatred' is a little fierce. Impatience, disalusionment frustration - yes.

His being Scottish does make his stance worse for me, merely 'cos I would have expected better from a Scot

Miss John Smith so much.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I don't think his being Scottish has any bearing on my judgement of him; I like to think he will be judged on his tenure in office and on his policies, rather than from which administrative division of the United Kingdom he originates.