I had a strange dream last night...

Bexy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the David Gest / Lisa Minelli image you presented me with, don't know if I dare to even try sleeping tonight!

My last dream was really dark and unpleasant, so I need all the help I can get. Will look at your cute rabbit, that'll help. So will Wes the dog.

Why don't we wake up and remember the good dreams? I know I have some of those too, it's fantastic to wake up with a smile.:D

Nx

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Next to John McKirrick he (Clarkson) must be the most repellent male in the UK.

Just my opinion, of course.

Oh, I don't know. He's not much to look at, but I bet he's a great bloke. Almost everyone I've spoken to who's met him has said he's lovely. Plus, we seem to have the same sick sense of humour, so I bet we'd get along brilliantly!

Why don't we wake up and remember the good dreams?

Oh, I do. :heh: Seriously, sometimes I have dreams that keep me smiling all day long. They can be about anything too, I once had a dream about an old friend of mine from primary school (for some reason I was in love with him, which is odd, since I never felt anything like that toward him), and it made me happy for days!

• 2 weeks later...
My sister once had a dream that she'd killed me. It scared her so much, she actually came upstairs to check on me. I was still alive. :D

:shock:, I would lock the door if I were you, check out this story I found.

More alarmingly, there have been some cases where sleepwalkers have committed murder and other crimes. This raises the question of whether the perpetrator can have the defence of insanity and be detained indefinitely in a psychiatric hospital, or be acquitted on the grounds that it was an 'automatism' - meaning 'an act which is done by the muscles without any control by the mind, such as a spasm, a reflex action or a convulsion; or an act done while suffering from concussion or whilst sleep-walking'.

One such case is the Steven Steinberg case. In 1981 in the USA, a man named Steven Steinberg went to court to be tried for murdering his wife. He confirmed that he had indeed committed the murder, but claimed that he did it while sleepwalking - and was therefore temporarily insane at the time. A psychiatrist testified that the murder was committed under a scenario of 'dissociative reaction'.

The jury found Steinberg innocent, on the grounds that he was not in control of his own body when he killed his wife. He left court as a free man.

While there are no known cures for sleepwalking, it can be treated with drugs and hypnosis has also proven to be successful on a short-term basis.

My sister once had a dream that she'd killed me. It scared her so much, she actually came upstairs to check on me. I was still alive. :D

I had a phase of regularly killing off everyone I know in my dreams. It was horrible :confused:

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Hah, my sister also had a dream i died, thankfully she never killed me. First thing she said when she woke up... "you just died". I was like "erm, thanks?!". If you ever have a dream about someone dying, dont tell them! I didnt sleep for days after that.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream about UM last night, it was really weird and I woke up so confused.

It started off with me in my room on the phone to one of the boys on here, either Jamie, Jono or Mike (details are all fuzzy), but I don't know what we were talking about. I can't remember what happened in the middle much but one of the girls, either Kelly, Gil or Jo I think told me I was dreaming, but the dream didn't end there, it went on for ages afterwards with me just knowing I was dreaming. Then the walls started beeping louder and louder (yes, the walls) and I was woken up by my alarm clock beeping. Rrrandom or what.