Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

On 11/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, TMD_24 said:

1st-2nd December

1pm-4pm: No Matt Edmondson so Jamie Lang joins Mollie King

3rd December

1pm-4pm: Matt Edmondson is solo. 

I'm not a fan of Jamie Lang as it all seems a bit inwards facing and posh. Surely a Jamie Lang and Mollie combination could be a posh overload. I'd much prefer to hear James Cusack with Mollie again, it was the best of both worlds with him being northern and very down to earth, they complemented each other well and sounded great together.

On 11/24/2023 at 9:49 PM, JamTriv said:

Argh! Not anthems!!! I was hoping this year it would be different. I literally cannot stand basically a whole week of anthems, it's lazy and boring. I guess I won't be listening for a 5th year straight, unfortunately.

I feel the same, but it's probably more convenient for them in terms of production staff as mixing could be done before Christmas and they can put less experienced staff and presenters on air. Plus people (except geeks) seem to like Anthems and the music scene is weird few weeks following Christmas as there not much new releases and Christmas songs are not suitable anymore.

Having said that, I remember that 'special' shows between Christmas and New Year's being really interesting and fun listen before they went all Anthems. It felt like there were almost no rules in the format during Scott's, Dev's, and Matt's shows. I'd love to have at least normal Breakfast show again during that period. 

4 hours ago, IamNotFromUK said:

I feel the same, but it's probably more convenient for them in terms of production staff as mixing could be done before Christmas and they can put less experienced staff and presenters on air. Plus people (except geeks) seem to like Anthems and the music scene is weird few weeks following Christmas as there not much new releases and Christmas songs are not suitable anymore.

Having said that, I remember that 'special' shows between Christmas and New Year's being really interesting and fun listen before they went all Anthems. It felt like there were almost no rules in the format during Scott's, Dev's, and Matt's shows. I'd love to have at least normal Breakfast show again during that period. 

Yes, remember Scott and Chris having celebrity guests in the crimbo limbo think even Eddie Redmain and few of listeners favourites features and lively entertaining chat that filled the chat which was great radio. Nick Grimshaw even did some New Year’s Eve stuff and Nixtape highlighters in the crimbo limbo. Nixtapes trump Anthems any day. 

I understand your point about new music but considering radio 1’s audience is gen z and gen a having days where have couple when its back to back music from twenty and fifteen years ago didn’t feel the best fit. As the station should still play few up to date recent tracks in with the throwbacks not to lose their younger audience.

7 hours ago, UnofficialStark said:

Charlie Tee is seeing in the New Year this time, 10pm-1am on 31st Dec.

Would like it if they allowed her the ability to pick her own selection of tracks to put in the mix that suit the spirit of her drum and bass show and the usual Friday and Saturday night party vibes that is vastly lacking from the stations New Years programming.

On 11/28/2023 at 4:04 PM, Darren m said:

Jack seems to be off on the chart lots I wonder if a newbie will get the show 

I mean it’s only been a couple of frequent days recently but it much feels that it has been the indie show that has been more vacated especially when Jack was covering Clara this summer on future sounds. 

One host still to be confirmed for Party Anthems, specifically at 7pm.

Workout Anthems is on 31st Dec, whilst Radio 1 Happy is on 1st Jan. 

The Chillest Show airs on 1st Jan 6am, I suspect this will be pre recorded. 

The other three days of that work look normal aside from the fact there is no Dean and Vicky, so RMC go from 10.30-3.00 and Vick and Jordan go from 3.00-5.45.

On 11/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, TMD_24 said:

1st-2nd December

1pm-4pm: No Matt Edmondson so Jamie Lang joins Mollie King

3rd December

1pm-4pm: Matt Edmondson is solo. 

It's Matt & Jamie on the 1st & 2nd, not Mollie & Jamie.  Seems to fit that Mollie is off, as she's not on the show on the 3rd or on Future Pop this evening.

On 11/30/2023 at 7:27 AM, R1Fan1 said:

One host still to be confirmed for Party Anthems, specifically at 7pm.

I wonder how long it will be before we find out who is on over Christmas. I noticed that it's missing and that's a prime slot for people heading out or to parties. If Charlie Tee is on after, I'd expect it to be a good presenter to take the lead on the 7pm show

46 minutes ago, ianwilk1999 said:

I wonder how long it will be before we find out who is on over Christmas. I noticed that it's missing and that's a prime slot for people heading out or to parties. If Charlie Tee is on after, I'd expect it to be a good presenter to take the lead on the 7pm show

Jerry, Charlie Hedges or James Cuisack are most obvious possibilities...

I never do much on NYE but sit in and drink wine with the dog and I must say Jordan made that slot special.