Unofficial Mills
  • Who was online

• Just one more Danny show (Friday) to survive then!!
    • 28th June James Cusack in for Danny Beard. 29th June Joel Mitchell doing 10:30am-1pm before Nat and Vicky are permanent the week after.
    • The festival thing is in line with what’s already happened with Big Weekend and Download and was set to happen for Glastonbury and feels like a way to get through the summer before they hopefully make up their mind on  the weekend afternoon slot. From a look at BBC Sounds it seems like non-festival weekends will be like they have been in recent non-festival weeks plus for TRNSMT for example the coverage is only on Saturday & Sunday - but that might be Radio 1 being slow to update the schedule unless your name is Jordan North and you're leaving. I think most predicted the ramping up of the dance station and  both Arielle getting a regular slot there (though surely if it's 7 days a week quite a few must be pre-records) and Connor Coates getting a regular show. Good to see another show too for Danny Howard though I do wonder since it’s called Dance Party warm-up it’s not on a Friday just before the main Radio 1 show. Currently there is that whiplash on Radio 1 proper whereas you go from Party Anthems to Chart back to dance with Dance Party. Though I guess if there's a regular drivetime slot on R1 Dance that would cover it to an extent. Given their rising profile recently having Sam & Danni do Friday Early Breakfast for 6 months almost feels a slightly downgrade and something they've got beyond.  
    • This has now been taken off the schedule.
    • Arguably the Matt & Mollie one was unnecessarily early. If it's involving a presenter who still does some work for other networks, it makes sense not to go early to conflict with that. We can speculate to death of course and we've seen many times recently that speculation is often wide of the mark. But let's just hope James Cusack is involved, he's far too good not to be on the station permanently.
    • I’ve really enjoyed Nikita kanda on the weekend afternoons recently anyone else agree   
    • I hope its James cusack and he's certainly on plenty at the moment. Lets be honest does the station need another weekend duo or is it refreshing to have a singular presenter every now and again? I think we can all agree Katie was more than capable of doing the weekend shows by herself and you only have to listen to one show from james to work out he is. Weekends are already duo heavy with Sam and danni followed by Vicky and Nat, plus Lauren and shenqua on Sundays. Does it need to be james and another presenter (??) on top of that. Imo he more than keeps up the quality of shows by himself. Around a year ago wasn't it singular presenter Adele followed by singular presenter Katie so the presenter load has doubled in them 2 shows alone, plus the additional presenter on the noughties show when Nat has actually been fine by herself for a long time. I dont think my theory of him being held up with other work is correct anymore, but I do hope its james. His shows far overtake other covers in terms of entertainment
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ch326