Unofficial Mills

Tina Daheley to replace Carrie

Jono

daheley_226.jpg

1Xtra news presenter Tina Daheley is to join BBC Radio 1's The Chris Moyles Show as the regular sports presenter, taking over from Carrie Davies, who is going on maternity leave from 12 February.

Tina currently presents the 1Xtra News Show after previously fronting the news on Trevor & Gemma's 1Xtra Breakfast Show. She also presents 60Seconds on BBC Three, E24 on the News Channel and Revealed (BBC Two's Switch Zone).

She starts her new role on Monday 15 February and says: "I'm thrilled to be joining the show. It's an amazing opportunity to be working with Chris Moyles and the team. I can't wait to get started!"

Chris Moyles says: "She's fun and she's got a great voice and she's cool and I'm confident she'll fit in perfectly with our unique Addam's Family monster-esque gang. But I mean that in a nicest possible way."

In September last year, Chris Moyles became the longest serving breakfast show presenter in Radio 1's history. The Chris Moyles Show, Radio 1, Monday to Friday, 6.30-10.00am.

Precisely like this: I mean, she looks sensible and articulate, which should make a nice, refreshing change from the Carrie monster.

I never did like Carrie. I know Aled was not best pleased that I posted this on aled.info, but then all feedback about the team has to be roses-round-the-door for him!! :hahaha:

I've often found that she doesn't read the sport particularly well, and is so not funny, or anything else.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

The problem with some of these people (Carrie in particular) is they come in, try to be a star in their own right, and forget they have just been brought in as Sports Readers and nothing else.

That's where the line gets crossed and it gets irritating. I'm looking f/ward to hearing the new girl anyway!! The only way is UP.

You can have an intelligent look, but yes, looks may be deceiving. Hopefully not, and she'll quickly learn when to speak, and when to just be quiet. Thus, not annoying me and making my head fizz.

• 2 weeks later...
The problem with some of these people (Carrie in particular) is they come in, try to be a star in their own right, and forget they have just been brought in as Sports Readers and nothing else.

That's where the line gets crossed and it gets irritating.

I disagree, she clearly likes to have a bit of input to the show, but everyone on the team does. The way the guys and Rachel have been talking about her going over the last few weeks, it is clear she isnt the "sports reader and nothing else" like you say.

The only newsreaders/sports readers who are or have been regularly involved in the shows outside of newsbeat that I can think of are Dom, Carrie, Tulip, David Gorrido(sp?) and Chappers. None of them I would consider to have "forgotten their place". Yes Chappers did become a star in his own right, but at the end of the day he has left R1 to carry on with sports presenting elsewhere, so he clearly remembered his roots and bowed out when he felt the time was right for him to go back to more serious broadcasting.

The fact they are making a bit of a thing out of her leaving, and the reason Chappers is missed from Scott's show, serves to prove that these people arent just sports/newsreaders and nothing else, they are a part of the show

Not impressed with censorship

I disagree, she clearly likes to have a bit of input to the show, but everyone on the team does. The way the guys and Rachel have been talking about her going over the last few weeks, it is clear she isnt the "sports reader and nothing else" like you say.

The only newsreaders/sports readers who are or have been regularly involved in the shows outside of newsbeat that I can think of are Dom, Carrie, Tulip, David Gorrido(sp?) and Chappers. None of them I would consider to have "forgotten their place". Yes Chappers did become a star in his own right, but at the end of the day he has left R1 to carry on with sports presenting elsewhere, so he clearly remembered his roots and bowed out when he felt the time was right for him to go back to more serious broadcasting.

The fact they are making a bit of a thing out of her leaving, and the reason Chappers is missed from Scott's show, serves to prove that these people arent just sports/newsreaders and nothing else, they are a part of the show

Agreed entirely. Plus don't forget if Chris Moyles or Scott Mills etc didn't want people like Carrie, Chappers, David etc contributing to the show then they wouldn't let them.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Agreed entirely. Plus don't forget if Chris Moyles or Scott Mills etc didn't want people like Carrie, Chappers, David etc contributing to the show then they wouldn't let them.

Fair point.

I can't help thinking though that some people contribute on air better than others. Aled, for example, knows when to speak and when to be quiet .... Carrie, when she got underway for the morning, simply didn't know when to stop .... :!::!:

Fair point.

I can't help thinking though that some people contribute on air better than others. Aled, for example, knows when to speak and when to be quiet .... Carrie, when she got underway for the morning, simply didn't know when to stop .... :!::!:

Yet you enjoyed Jedward on Scott Mills. A strange logic there!

I think actually Carrie comes across as quite hesitant in contributing compared to the rest of them so I don't agree.

A long time.... very long time.... she's gonna sprog and not return ....

(at least this is what I hope for).

Agreed. Probably one of the reasons I stopped listening to Moyles on a regular basis I think... I may start again now we have someone doing the sport who's not just an airheaded football fan etc... A breath of fresh air that the Breakfast show kinda needs if it is to continue if you ask me.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...