Unofficial Mills

Have Your Say on Radio 1

James R

How strange..I have never considered any of the above as providing a service specifically for children or younger viewers! They are nothing like the programmes BBC put on in traditional early evening childrens programmes!

Switch is aimed at the younger market though, but as you said what service does it provide other than the surgery

james_ryder.png

Switch is aimed at the younger market though, but as you said what service does it provide other than the surgery

I'm not expert on switch but I've listened to Grimmy and he is trying to appeal to teenagers I think with confuse the teacher feature and stuff.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I'm not expert on switch but I've listened to Grimmy and he is trying to appeal to teenagers I think with confuse the teacher feature and stuff.

I know Switch is aimed at teenagers but what I meant was what SERVICE does switch with Annie & Nick provide other than entertainment

james_ryder.png

I know Switch is aimed at teenagers but what I meant was what SERVICE does switch with Annie & Nick provide other than entertainment

The same service as most of the other radio stuff. It may not seem like a service but it's little different to Radio 2 or the rest of Radio 1.

well I'd like to see Switch and BBC3 binned, nobody I've spoken to understands what the purpose is in Switch, its like they tried to make a new format of entertainment by grabbing both the radio and tv audiences but made a real mess of it, much like they did with the chart show. lets put it all back to how it was before..... bin fern and reggie, get JK and Joel back, bin switch and get dance anthems back on. I'm pretty sure that would regain lost listeners and attract new ones.

Just look at the rubbish thats on BBC3, there really is no justification in that channel, put the real hustle on dave and just never speak of the rest again

Not impressed with censorship

well I'd like to see Switch and BBC3 binned, nobody I've spoken to understands what the purpose is in Switch, its like they tried to make a new format of entertainment by grabbing both the radio and tv audiences but made a real mess of it, much like they did with the chart show. lets put it all back to how it was before..... bin fern and reggie, get JK and Joel back, bin switch and get dance anthems back on. I'm pretty sure that would regain lost listeners and attract new ones.

Just look at the rubbish thats on BBC3, there really is no justification in that channel, put the real hustle on dave and just never speak of the rest again

I think Jono said at some point in the case of Fearne & Reggies ratings were up

I understand Switch is a little different to the rest of radio as Jono pointed out. I think if we knew more about what they were exactly looking we would be able to comment easier (it think) :confused:

james_ryder.png

There are some good shows on BBC3, however I think that most are not suitable for a younger audience, I'm not sure what they provide for "the kids". There's no reason those shows couldn't be moved back to their natural home on BBC2 though, as I think the quality of programming on BBC2 has gone a bit downhill.

More details and link to consultation here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/sep/23/bbc.television

caitlynmac.png

There are some good shows on BBC3, however I think that most are not suitable for a younger audience, I'm not sure what they provide for "the kids". There's no reason those shows couldn't be moved back to their natural home on BBC2 though, as I think the quality of programming on BBC2 has gone a bit downhill.

More details and link to consultation here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/sep/23/bbc.television

Nice 1 cheers for that, That makes it clearer ;)

james_ryder.png

Personally I'd like the whole of Radio1 to become more like Switch especially the daytime playlist.

that thought strikes the fear of god into me, whenever I think of Switch I get images of the sort of people that appear in Skins and indie kids, that half wit waste of space grimshaw really doesnt help. Its absolutely the wrong way for the BBC to be heading

Not impressed with censorship

Personally I'd like the whole of Radio1 to become more like Switch especially the daytime playlist.

if that were to happen, then they would pretty much lose anyone over the age of 18 :P

the good thing about radio 1 is how wide a group it caters for, I mean, 13 - 29 is the supposed Target Group, and include probably the single most musically diverse age group out there. the fact that they can entertain most people in this group with only minor complaints (from what I've seen), is truly astounding.

However, this BBC Trust Survey I'm doing is a flipping essay! >_< all for a good cause though :D

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone off of UM contributed to this yet?

http://www.bbcyoursay.co.uk/intro/getNextPage

I have, but unfortunately feel my responses won't count for much as I'm not a "young listener". I was also most put out that I had to plonk myself in the really rather large "35 to 54" age bracket. Somewhat ageist in my opinion. Ooooh, I feel a complaint to OFCOM coming on...

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Has anyone off of UM contributed to this yet?

http://www.bbcyoursay.co.uk/intro/getNextPage

I have, but unfortunately feel my responses won't count for much as I'm not a "young listener". I was also most put out that I had to plonk myself in the really rather large "35 to 54" age bracket. Somewhat ageist in my opinion. Ooooh, I feel a complaint to OFCOM coming on...

I sent one off a while ago, but I really hope they don't change Radio 1, I think it's kinda fine the way it is :)

www.drainpipeclothing.com