Unofficial Mills

One moment that defined your summer?

Jono

Summer seems to have faded away into obscurity... so what moment has summed up the period for you?

I think it was Latitude Festival for me. A chance to see some great bands, eat junk food and not worry about home or work life.

How about you?

:)

Leeds Festival - me and Sarah fighting through the crowds at Rage Against The Machine, losing my voice at Manic Street Preachers, seeing Blood Red Shoes live, dancing round the campfires at four in the morning, shower dodging (you really don't feel as unclean as you think you would)...okay, I know it says "one moment", but I could go on!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Phoning Portsmouth University to find out if I had got in on the day of results, while walking around a campsite with my mobile phone to find out I got in. We then went on a hoovercraft over to Portsmouth for the day, stopping for a tour around the show flat of the halls Im moving into next week.

It was pretty bizarre how it all happened, because I wasn't expecting to get in without an interview at least

Either sitting round the pool in Barbados listening to my iPod, sitting on a catermaran in Barbados with the rest of the school cricket team, or sitting round a fire in my mate's garden in the evenings.

Sitting round in a friend's garden is simple, but it's still enjoyable and always good memories!

The poster formerly known as Robbo

- Risking my life cycling across the City of London at the fastest speed my bike would go while dodging buses, taxis, lorries and cars in order to keep up with someone who commutes that way every day is a particularly vivid memory.

- Wandering around the gardens of Buckingham Palace in the sunshine with my parents is another memory that will stay with me for quite a long time.

- Tens of thousands of people singing "For a minute there, I lost myself..." at Radiohead back in June, even after the band had gone off stage.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

All of us getting a bit loud at Katie's birthday party and almost getting arrested out in the streets, not my fault really, I wasn't the one who collapsed this time :oops:

Walking into the sea in Cornwall and getting out soon after, bley freezing and then it started to rain, pretty much sums up how crappy the weather was all summer.

All of us getting a bit loud at Katie's birthday party and almost getting arrested out in the streets, not my fault really, I wasn't the one who collapsed this time :oops:

*Unofficial Mills in no way condones this type of behaviour!

Haha. ;)

I agree with you about 'the summer' - we didn't really seem to get one, did we?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

*Unofficial Mills in no way condones this type of behaviour!

Haha. ;)

I agree with you about 'the summer' - we didn't really seem to get one, did we?

No we didn't, which is rubbish! I had to leave the country to find sunshine :P

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

That's a tough question because there were so many things. But I guess I'll say either our exchange student - but she didn't come until the middle of August - or the wonderful lake in France. I seriously miss it, I do. And we didn't get to say good-bye because the weather got so rubbish so the last time we went there we thought we were going to come again. But we didn't :( Anyway, the thing I like about that lake is the clean and warm water AND the fact that this year I finally learned to swim - and it happened in that lake :)

Oh, one more thing. Well, it's not a moment, it's a song, but it kind of defines my summer. At least it reminds me of my summer - but the France-part and the working-part. It's my summer song 2008 ;)

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Being on holiday in the Lake District, Was utterly amazing to get out of the The Doom and Gloom Of Newbury-town for a week, The best day was when we went to a place called "Wasdale Head" Which is a tiny road that runs right into the heart of a group of mountains. was an amazing view, and one that i will never forget.

That evening we watched a spectacular thunderstorm from my Nans house near the top of the hill, you see accross the whole valley and it was amazing, Even if it was 3am.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk