Unofficial Mills

Cocktails.

Catherine.

I'm having a little get together at mine tomorrow night and I need some cocktail ideas. I was thinking along the lines of drinks such as Sex on the Beach and Sea Breeze, but apart from them two I'm a bit short on ideas :S

So what's your favourite cocktail?

Non-alcoholic cocktails also welcome :)

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

There's one my friends and I used to drink if we could find a place thatbwould actually serve it to us. 4/5's pint of snakebite. A triple vodka and then topped up with lime. You need to keep stiring it constantly else the vodka sinks to the bottom.

There was another one called "Liquid Cocaine" involving vodka drambuie and absunth, a shot glass a half pint glass a saucer, a straw and a napkin but it takes too long to set up and you need about 2 people to help you drink it!

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Brandy Alexanders. It's like having a brandy and chocolate milkshake. Yumtastic. You do need proper cocktail glasses to achieve the full effect though.

Anyway. You'll need *ahem*

Creme de Cacao/Bols Cacao Brown

Vanilla ice cream (you could use chocolate ice-cream but it might be a BIT sickly)

Chocolate sauce

Brandy

Put a shot glass or two of Creme de Cacao in a mixer. Add a few scoops of ice cream. Squirt over a load of chocolate sauce. Fling in some brandy (don't bother with measures, it spoils the whole thing. But do make sure you put more brandy than Creme de Cacao in!!). Whizz it all up together.

Enjoy.

It's v. potent but it really does just taste like a milkshake. Totally yummy.

Give us the motivation, we can cause a sensation!

Agree with Mark, I love Mojitos: Lots of crushed up mint and a pinch of brown sugar at the bottom of the glass, white or light Havana rum, lime juice and soda water. I also adore Sea Breezes.

We used to use ginger ale, not lemonade for long vodkas when I worked behind the bar in Glasgow.

This is the most revolting shot I have ever had.:

http://www.bolscocktails.com/cocktail-detail.asp?d=2474

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I've heard that Goldschlager is horrible and cuts up your throat. I've never tried it though.

I spend too much time in cocktail bars considering I can't partake in any, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, there not existing any two drinks which I can actually drink.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I've heard that Goldschlager is horrible and cuts up your throat. I've never tried it though.

That's a common myth, taken from Wikipedia:

A common rumor about Goldschläger is that the gold flakes cut the throat or stomach upon ingestion, allowing the alcohol to directly enter the bloodstream for quicker intoxication. In reality, gold is known for its softness and malleability, and given that the flakes do not have sharp edges, no such lacerations occur.

I can't say I remember how it tastes as I was quite intoxicated at the time. I think I liked it though!