What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't sleep last night and I've had a pretty crap day and now my throat really hurts. I'm feeling generally pretty sorry for myself. I mean normally I manage to stay positive and not be bothered when people sit there eating chocolate bars and cakes and other things I can't enjoy right in front of me but I feel like I'm at breaking point right now. Wednesday night will be a big piss up for all my friends which will be shit for me because I'll have to sit and smile while doing naff all and try to laugh at the things that just aren't funny because I'm not drunk.

It all sounds trivial but it really gets to me. I only slept 3 hours last night and I don't feel right now like I could sleep tonight easily either. I'm in a pretty bad mood all in all. Life just generally sucks.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

If it's any consolation to you, Ellie and Sam, I failed my driving test the first time on the way back to the test centre too, and i got 3 minors on the first test.

Second time, i had a really nice examiner and passed.

What sucks at the moment is i'm starting to feel down again. I think my friends don't want to know me anymore. It seems like i am the one putting in the effort all the time. If i don't ring them to arrange things then they won't ring me, Its quite hard for me to explain without it being confusing... I could quite easily not ring them ever again, and they wouldn't ring me to see if everything is ok, they won't ring me to see if i wanna go out with them. It's always the other way round with me ringing them. It's really getting me down, because after everything that i've been through, they are the people who have helped me through it, and stuck by me through all of it where some of my former friends Just bailed and have not spoken to me since.

I think i have Social Anxiety. I know that self diagnosing things might make me come to the wrong conclusion, but I've been reading up about it:

Symptoms of Social Anxiety - from www.panic-attacks.co.uk

* Unable to use the telephone

* Fearful of every meeting with a new person

* Worry that you are being watched and negatively judged by strangers and friends alike

* Mind goes blank

* Think that people are staring at you

* Want to escape from a situation

* Extensive analysis of past and future situation. What he said ... she said ... I should not have said

* Fear that will do something embarrassing

* Anxiety when eating in front of others

* Any public performance

I can identify with pretty much all of them symptoms.

Now just to make things clear, as social anxiety is more than just being shy.

Social anxiety is not shyness

Shyness over an event or meeting makes us feel awkward and clumsy, but those feelings pass and don't stop you from doing anything. Social anxiety stops you in your tracks and forces you to avoid things to prevent the discomfort that the anxiety brings.

Social anxiety can make you feel isolated and lonely as you withdraw more and more to avoid the crippling nervousness associated with mixing with others.

Even though you know the thoughts are irrational, it is hard to stop them.

This is how i live my life, day in, day out. When it gets bad, i suffer from panic attacks. I'll feel dizzy, and start to black out. It's scary.

Anyway, life goes on, and I'll wake up every morning, put a fake smile on my face and crack on with what the day brings, like i have been for a few years now.

I just want everything to be normal :confused:

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Aww Mike I know how you feel. I have anxiety problems, I think a mix of social and general anxiety. I hate going to restaurants and I get panicky when eating in a social situation and I hate phoning people as well, to the extent that I feel sick and panicky. I realise it's not the same as shyness at all.

What do you think might help you? You could try visiting your GP and seeing if she/he can help you at all, it's worth a try. They don't tend to like it if you say you read on the Internet about a condition and you think you have it, but describe all those symptoms and tell them about the panic attacks.

As for your friends, it's difficult to know what to say really. It's horrible that you have to make all the effort, I've been there and it does make you feel pretty insecure, but still, it's better than not having anyone and they probably aren't consciously excluding you. I guess they've got used to the fact that you ring them up and they'd assume if you didn't call that you weren't interested. It's rubbish though when you feel like you're putting in all the effort.

What sucks in my life is that I have a meeting about my dissertation on Friday, the last one I get before the hand-in, and I've written nothing really. I'd rather have a meeting in a few weeks time. The tutor is pretty useless anyway though.

If it's any consolation to you, Ellie and Sam, I failed my driving test the first time on the way back to the test centre too, and i got 3 minors on the first test.

Second time, i had a really nice examiner and passed.

I just want everything to be normal :confused:

All the best people pass second time. Honestly, Ellie and Sam

Mike, take care, and I'll PM you about this tomorrow if that's OK.:)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

i feel really really crap. liverpool drew tonight which means scotland united are virtually going to win the title again (same as every f*cking season then), and we lost 2-1 to city. we also lost owen for the rest of the season due to ankle ligament damage (sky sports early reports), so his chances of getting into the england friendly or the side at all in the future are gone. so we have no strikers at the moment bar carrol (has the heart but is inexperienced) and we are going to be relegated.

that lot and life in general latley with work, and other bollocks, is really getting me down. not even family guy is working.

on the grid.

I hope it isn't too serious Alan. Wish you all the very best.:)

thanx :)

it's not to serious, i have a mucus-retention cyst in my mouth & it has to be removed & i have to have stitches also, it's not supposed to hurt after its removed but it will be uncomfortable with stitches as its at the front of my mouth on the inside of my lip & then next week they have to be taken out.

well that's what the dentist says it is a mucus-retention cyst although it has to be sent away to be tested to check that's it's not something more serious :|

i have had a reprieve, it has gone down enough to leave it a few more weeks as it looks like it will go on its own :D

:)

I'm actually close to tears.

I've just found out that some people who work for the same company as my dad being made redundant. If my dad is too (we dont know yet) then i might be leaving my life behind in Newbury (30 miles from southampton) and Moving to the Lake District (30 miles from fucking scotland). I dont know what to do... When i was 3, i moved from Preston to Warrington, when i was 6, i moved from Warrington to Tadley, When i was 12 i moved from Tadley to Newbury... and now i might be moving again. I actually hate life sometimes.

Since i've moved here, i've built myself a life, i've grown up and met people who i love to pieces, people who have been there for me over the years... I can't do that again.

I don't know what to do, i'm actually crying now... :(

Well guess whats just reared its fucking ugly head again.

Dad's basically just been offered a job in the lake district. Parents are talking about moving or dad working away. And guess who the fucking desicion comes down to again.

I don't know if i can do this at the moment. Nothing is going well for me, i have nothing to look forward to, and at the moment i hate everything about my life.

:cry:

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Well guess whats just reared its fucking ugly head again.

Dad's basically just been offered a job in the lake district. Parents are talking about moving or dad working away. And guess who the fucking desicion comes down to again.

I don't know if i can do this at the moment. Nothing is going well for me, i have nothing to look forward to, and at the moment i hate everything about my life.

:cry:

Aww Mike.

If the worst comes to the worst and you have to move, at least you could visit your friends back in Newbury. If you do end up moving, it probably won't be as bad as you think it will be - your imagination will be making it worse, I expect. That's always the case with me anyway!

I know it doesn't seem like it, but if nothing is going well for you then maybe a fresh start is for the best?

Christ, look at me being all pessimistic! Tell your parents how you feel and see what they say - you never know, something may come up that means you get to stay in Newbury.

Oooh and don't say you hate your life - this makes me and no doubt everyone else on here feel sad!

(is rubbish at giving advice, sorry :()

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

So sorry to hear this Mike, but at least it appears you are being included in the decision. I know this puts you in a difficult position, but it is a privilege that many young people who live at home with their parents don't have.

You will make new friends if you have to move, you're a sociable type. You will also, as Emma said be able to visit your other ones in Newbury.

Nothing is forever, and as you are an intelligent, employable individual, I really don't see you having any problems in making your own way in the world, and eventually living wherever you want. It is scary, but possible. It might take some time, but I'm certain all will be fine in the end. In the words of Mr Barlow, you might have to "have a little patience."

I'd agree with Emma too, it does make me feel sad to hear you say you hate your life.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Horrible horrible week... my state of mind is currently shot to pieces because of essay stress, it's only now that I'm starting to feel happy again for the first time in about a week. But I'm still worrying about the stupid thing even though I posted it off today - and I probably won't find out what I've got for it until the summer :(

Off to Seville on Sunday morning, not entirely sure whether I should be putting this in the 'rocks' or 'sucks' thread given that I can't remember a word of Spanish having barely spoken any since last summer. But at least I don't seem to be as nervous as I was about going to France back in September, so I guess that's something. If I've done it once I can do it again.............. well, that's the theory anyway.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Horrible horrible week... my state of mind is currently shot to pieces because of essay stress, it's only now that I'm starting to feel happy again for the first time in about a week. But I'm still worrying about the stupid thing even though I posted it off today - and I probably won't find out what I've got for it until the summer :(

Off to Seville on Sunday morning, not entirely sure whether I should be putting this in the 'rocks' or 'sucks' thread given that I can't remember a word of Spanish having barely spoken any since last summer. But at least I don't seem to be as nervous as I was about going to France back in September, so I guess that's something. If I've done it once I can do it again.............. well, that's the theory anyway.

Sorry to hear about your horrible week Helen, but I am certain you will have a much better time in Spain. Don't worry, your Spanish will return, you'll understand everything you could before, but it might take a little while to be able to speak as much as you are capable of. My Spanish was a little rusty after a year in Britain and no contact really with Spanish speakers, but when I was over in Malaga a couple of weeks ago, after a week I was more or less up to scratch again. Un abrazo muy fuerte.:)

What sucks: Our boiler appears to be kaput! Bollocks! Very kind of it to die at the weekend, and it's due to snow on Sunday.:(

Eeek why is it that boilers always die when it's at its coldest?! I'm sure they're programmed to do that. At least half the students I know have had boiler trouble already this winter. I hope it gets fixed soon and in the meantime hot water bottles, blankets and electric heaters are the way forward if you have any.

Helen, I agree with Nati that your Spanish will come back pretty quickly once you're immersed in it. Maybe try listening to some Spanish radio or reading a Spanish magazine or something to get yourself back into it. Essay stress is horrible, but it is done now and I reckon once you're in Spain with everything new around you you'll forget about it.

What sucks is that I was trying to get to sleep and nearly managed it when the people next door started having some loud 'fun'. They always do it at around 2-3am on Friday and Saturday nights. Normally I manage to not hear too much and my housemate complains about it but this time I could hear it all. So it took me till about 3:30am to get to sleep, then I woke up at 8:30 and can't get back to sleep. I want to actually do things with my day but I'm going out tonight and on 5 hours' sleep it's not all so easy. I'm seeing the doctor again next week so can try something else if the beta blockers don't help things.

One of my flatmates is soo annoying. Today has been spent with her knocking on my door on an average four times an hour and me not answering, hehe. When I do answer I just get talked at about utter tripe while I'm thinking of a good enough excuse to shut the door on her. No, you can't use my room as a dining room, use your own.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

One of my flatmates is soo annoying. Today has been spent with her knocking on my door on an average four times an hour and me not answering, hehe. When I do answer I just get talked at about utter tripe while I'm thinking of a good enough excuse to shut the door on her. No, you can't use my room as a dining room, use your own.

I don't generally advocate violence, however, in this situation I think you have no other option than to beat her unconscious with an ironing board, or other similar hard flat object. Do you surf in Huddersfield?.