stand up comedy documentary featuring russell brand

littlechris

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really enjoyed his birthday show last night. It was lovely to hear his birthday surprise with the interview from LA with Biffy Clyro. .
I half expected them to be in the Live Lounge when they said they were performing a track live.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Although I do really like Colin Murray's evening show, and enjoy listening to the music he and his team choose, Ive really enjoyed listening to him covering for Simon Mayo on R5 between 1 and 4.

He really seems to enjoy interviewing and chatting to people. And if he can do three weeks of double shifts, going from R5 in the afternoon to R1 in the evening and still sound so positive and enthusiastic Im really impressed.

Ok so the R5 show is completely chat based but Id forgotten how good Colin is at chatting to people and making almost any topic sound interesting. It reminded me how much I missed his random interviews with people when he and Edith had their afternoon show.

I think that its a shame that Colin's abilities and skills arent used more by R1. hes good as an evening presenter, but at the moment the daytime schedules arent that strong and i think its a shame that Colin isnt given more imput into daytimes. Hes obviously interested in more than just sport and music.

Why not swap over his and Edith's show? Give her evenings so she can really get a chance to talk about new music and festivals and bring Colin back to daytime where he could play music he likes and talk and present reports about sport, comedy, films and news items?

Colin is really good in the evenings. I don't hear much of him as I work and it's a lot of effort to hide headphones when at work. But I think it's a shame they've given up a little on promoting him. I think that slot is still as important as when John Peel did it, he deserves a bit of daytime recognition like when he first got the show.

On his stint covering for Edith, he made alot of negative comments about songs he played off the daytime playlist which it really the main obstacle for him moving.

Firstly because Colin wouldnt be happy not playing what he wants to play and because its quite annoying especially when they cut songs off just because they dont like it.

Hmmmm, I don't agree with you augusta92 I'm afraid, I think he's far better on his evening show than he ever was during the day. He's playing the music that he's genuinely passionate about instead of the usual playlist drivel and it really shows, that's part of what makes the show so good.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I'm with Helen on this one, I'm afraid. It would be lovely to hear the show he does now in the evening during the day, but let's face it, that just ain't gonna happen.

It certainly seemed like it was his decision to move, in order to gain some sort of autonomy from the (franky pretty bley repetitive) daytime playlist. I don't blame him.

Leave him where he is. Although I don't listen as much as I'd like to, when I do, it's quality radio.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• 1 month later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/colinmurray/

It's on his front page atm. Listen again, slightly after an hour in. We've just heard it, very funny. I've never encountered anyone who can say "No!" in so many different and amusing ways.

I''m getting ever so slightly over excited about going to see him on Oct 2nd! and that's an understatement....

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• 1 month later...

I've made this a general Electric Proms thread as I think there's a lot of Oasis fans out there.

Don't forget this is the schedule for Sunday:

Sunday

4:00pm - 7:00pm. Radio 1's Chart Show with Scott Mills.

Fearne and Reggie are off so Scott takes the reigns of The Chart Show.

7:00pm Switch with Annie and Nick

Tonight's show is in two parts - the first finishes at 9pm.

9:00pm - 10:30pm. Oasis live at the BBC Electric Proms.

Oasis live at the Electric Proms.

10:30pm - 12:00am Switch with Annie and Nick

There's no Surgery tonight but Switch returns for an extra show.

Has Radio 1 changed the schedule at the last minute? I'm looking at What's On at the moment and the extra hour of Switch seems to have been taken off. I know people were complaining that Radio 1 weren't going to play the full two hours of the Oasis gig, did they give in at the end du to demands? Or did Annie and Nick think that they needed to be doing an extra hour?

I dunno, From what i can gather though, Colin is live with the Oasis Gig, then i guess he's just going to do his own thing when the gig finishes until midnight.

To be honest, i think it would have been far better to Record the whole Gig and Broadcast it tomorrow night... Radio 1 aren't exactly gaining anything by broadcasting it live.

Another thing, is the Gig actually live or is it on a time delay? With it being in Switch and the Surgerys time slot what happens if the gig is completely live and there is swearing?

Personally i don't think its the best decision R1 have made, for a little while.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I dunno, From what i can gather though, Colin is live with the Oasis Gig, then i guess he's just going to do his own think when the gig finishes until midnight.

To be honest, i think it would have been far better to Record the whole Gig and Broadcast it tomorrow night... Radio 1 aren't exactly gaining anything by broadcasting it live.

Actually, everyone on the Oasis forums are talking about it, everyone's going to be listening in and of course recording it. We're all really excited out it, Radio 1 wouldn't be putting it out there if it wasn't a big deal. Plus, I think I've heard that they might be playing tracks from all the gigs next week. You have to remember that they just sold out every single gig they're holding next year, and they've had to add extra tickets and most of those sold out aswell.

It's going to be delayed, but you know, who doesn't know Oasis? I'm sorry, but you'll probably more daft than me! People should know already that there'll be swearing. It isn't like The Surgery isn't a bit... erm... at times, this is different. Noel at least understands the BBC rules, he doesn't swear on Russell's show.

Another thing, is the Gig actually live or is it on a time delay? With it being in Switch and the Surgerys time slot what happens if the gig is completely live and there is swearing?

Chris Moyles said on Friday that it was going to be on a time delay. I agree, it would have been better to just record it and play it tomorrow night instead.

www.twitter.com/paauul