Unofficial Mills

stand up comedy documentary featuring russell brand

littlechris

hello all.

everyone fit as a fiddel? or is it fiddle? i can never tell. ah well.

I'm hear to let you know that if you get a chance you should listen to Colin Murray's show on Wednesday as from 10.30pm you can hear a wonderful (and brilliantly produced) documentay all about Stand Up comedy featuring the likes of Russell Brand, Trevor Lock, Lucy Porter, Stephen Grant and Russell Howard... oh and we have live in the studio Tim Minchin, who is a rock and roll musical comedy god.

Have a listen, and if you miss it you can download the podcast on Friday, and you'll be able to download some of the full interviews from the website later in the week.

Right, that's the plug out the way. Now where's my coffee.

c

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stephen Grant. Argh, he bugs me.

Well I'm working till 11pm. How long does it go on for. I'm guessing just the half hour? Was quite looking forward to it actually.

So Chris... it's about stand-up comedy. What aspect of it? Getting a job in it? Why it works? How it's performed? Expand ;)

Stephen Grant. Argh, he bugs me.

Well I'm working till 11pm. How long does it go on for. I'm guessing just the half hour? Was quite looking forward to it actually.

So Chris... it's about stand-up comedy. What aspect of it? Getting a job in it? Why it works? How it's performed? Expand ;)

Yes just the half hour of fun, but available as a podcast, listen again, and the full interviews of me speaking to the funny blokes will all be onnnnnnnline.

So it's about Stand up as a whole, looking at open mic nights and the early days of getting into stand up, then the life of a comedian, how lonely it can be, and how hard a job it actually is... plenty of comedians offering their tips, advice, thoughts and feelings along the way... a good listen... even if I do say so myself.

Would love to hear what you guys think of it.

cc

When you talk about Colin, are you lot being ironic, or did you not actually know he moved?

In my case it was irony as up until about a week ago you couldn't move on radio 1 without that blooming trail about how colin murray had moved. I like the show but was sick of hearing about it:woo:

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

• 1 month later...

This will no doubt be the first of many shamless vote for colin messages.

First update from the Colin Murray camp on Day minus 1, for Fame Academy... he's so nervous he's currently got the two bit bobs. He also nearly fell off a chair and died before the adventure began.

More info on www.voteforcolin.com later this weekend when I can be bothered to finally update it.

How to vote

Text COLIN to 84466 or call

09011 32 30 02