Jump to content
  • New on Unofficial Mills


Sign in to follow this  
Dan18F1

Christmas Schedule Predictions 2019

Recommended Posts

It’s getting around to that time of year again when the Christmas schedule is released so what do you all think it’s going to look like this year? 

Christmas Day this year is on a Wednesday and then from Boxing Day until New Years Eve, there is going to be presenters on from student radio so I think the schedule will look quite different this year. This is what I think:

Up until the 22nd Dec: As Normal

23rd and 24th:

4:00 Katie Thistleton

6:30 Scott and Chris

10:00 Adele Roberts 

1:00 Arielle Free

4:00 Jordan North

Possibly Dev covering RMC? 

Christmas Day: 

4:00 Adele Roberts (pre record) 

7:00 Scott Mills

10:00 Artist Takeover

4:00 Jordan North

Boxing Day:

4:00 Student Radio 

6:30 Scott and Chris

10:00 Student Radio 

4:00 Jordan North

27th/28th/29th

Same as above except

7:00am Arielle Free

30th 

Same as above except 

6:30 Matt and Mollie

New Years Eve: 

4:00 Student Radio 

6:30 Matt and Mollie

10:00 Student Radio

4:00 Mistajams Dance Anthems (pre record) 

8:00 Jordan North (New Year Party Show)

New Years Day:

4:00 Adele Roberts (pre record)

6:30 Matt and Mollie

10:00 Katie Thistleton 

1:00 Jordan North

4:00 Dev

2nd:

Same as above:

3rd/4th/5th

4:00/5:00 Riyadh Khalaf 

7:00 Matt and Mollie

10:00 Arielle Free

1:00 Dev

6th:

As Normal

 

Unfortunately, I think this might be Scott’s last year doing Christmas Day Breakfast before I’m guessing Jordan might do it from next year. What do you all think? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

It’s getting around to that time of year again when the Christmas schedule is released so what do you all think it’s going to look like this year? 

Christmas Day this year is on a Wednesday and then from Boxing Day until New Years Eve, there is going to be presenters on from student radio so I think the schedule will look quite different this year. This is what I think:

Up until the 22nd Dec: As Normal

23rd and 24th:

4:00 Katie Thistleton

6:30 Scott and Chris

10:00 Adele Roberts 

1:00 Arielle Free

4:00 Jordan North

Possibly Dev covering RMC? 

Christmas Day: 

4:00 Adele Roberts (pre record) 

7:00 Scott Mills

10:00 Artist Takeover

4:00 Jordan North

Boxing Day:

4:00 Student Radio 

6:30 Scott and Chris

10:00 Student Radio 

4:00 Jordan North

27th/28th/29th

Same as above except

7:00am Arielle Free

30th 

Same as above except 

6:30 Matt and Mollie

New Years Eve: 

4:00 Student Radio 

6:30 Matt and Mollie

10:00 Student Radio

4:00 Mistajams Dance Anthems (pre record) 

8:00 Jordan North (New Year Party Show)

New Years Day:

4:00 Adele Roberts (pre record)

6:30 Matt and Mollie

10:00 Katie Thistleton 

1:00 Jordan North

4:00 Dev

2nd:

Same as above:

3rd/4th/5th

4:00/5:00 Riyadh Khalaf 

7:00 Matt and Mollie

10:00 Arielle Free

1:00 Dev

6th:

As Normal

 

Unfortunately, I think this might be Scott’s last year doing Christmas Day Breakfast before I’m guessing Jordan might do it from next year. What do you all think? 

 

I can see Matt and Mollie doing it(unfortunately) 

I can see their being Xmas Anthems... Maybe Katie on mid mornings. Arielle in the afternoon. Jordan on drive. Probaly Jack in for Annie. Abbie in for Jack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, anothernerd said:

I can see Matt and Mollie doing it(unfortunately) 

I can see their being Xmas Anthems... Maybe Katie on mid mornings. Arielle in the afternoon. Jordan on drive. Probaly Jack in for Annie. Abbie in for Jack. 

I agree I can see Matt and Mollie doing Christmas Day Breakfast over Scott. But maybe somebody like Jordan could do it? 

I would also really like to hear Jack Saunders on daytime maybe covering Clara? But maybe even on afternoons as if they are doing things like 'the 10hour takeover' as that is fairly fast paced. Also hope Arielle Free and Katie Thisilton both get daytime cover slots over Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction:

Every day from 20th December to 31st January

4:00-6:30 - Gemma Collins

6:30-10:00 - Maya Jama

10:00-1:00 - Cel Spellman (solo)

1:00-4:00 - Grimmy and Shinade's celeb gossip

4:00-7:00 - Maya Jama's special competition show

Opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

My prediction:

Every day from 20th December to 31st January

4:00-6:30 - Gemma Collins

6:30-10:00 - Maya Jama

10:00-1:00 - Cel Spellman (solo)

1:00-4:00 - Grimmy and Shinade's celeb gossip

4:00-7:00 - Maya Jama's special competition show

Opinions?

Not a chance.😂. Carl would be decent, but none of the other stuff is stuff that R1 would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Toby_Radio said:

Wife and kids.  Same reason Chris doesn’t do Christmas Day breakfast when Scott does it.

You just never see them on their socials and why would you, think Matt and Chris have relatively young kids 

Scott usually has his mum up at Christmas, of course now his BF lives here so wonder what will happen there, if he'll go back to Wales or what

Scott is a god father to one of his best friends daughters you often see on his insta when they are out and about

Listened to Scott on R2 last night, sounds really "grown up" if thats the term? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

This Christmas, BBC Radio 1, 1Xtra and Asian Network bring the best of festive cheer to listeners, whether it’s showcasing a new roster of DJs over the Christmas period, revealing this year’s Christmas Number 1, presenting the best in music mixes for the biggest nights of the year or hosting a series of takeovers from some of the biggest names in music and entertainment.

BBC Radio 1

Annie Mac’s Hottest Record of the Year
Thursday 19 December, 7pm-9pm

Every Monday to Friday at 7.30pm Annie Mac unveils her Hottest Record In The World on Radio 1’s Future Sounds and Radio 1’s Dance Party, in a slot known for breaking some of the most exciting new music on the planet.

This December, she will be counting down through her Top 20 Hottest Records from the past 12 months, as  voted for by the Radio 1 listeners, before revealing which track has earnt the coveted title of Hottest Recor  Of The Year. Jumpsuit by Twenty One Pilots was crowned Hottest Record of the Year in 2018, beating the likes of The 1975, Florence + The Machine, and Drake to the top spot.

Voting will open on Thursday 28 November and will close on Thursday 5 December.
Presenter: Annie Mac
BS

 

Scott Mills reveals The Official Christmas Number 1
Friday 20 December, 4pm- 5.45pm

The Christmas Number 1 will be revealed on The Official Chart with Scott Mills.
Presenter: Scott Mills
BS

 

Christmas Day on Radio 1
Wednesday 25 December

Scott Mills will host a festive edition of Radio 1 Breakfast live on Christmas Day (7am- 10am) with Jordan North set to bring plenty of Christmas cheer to the drivetime slot live from 4pm- 7pm.

Throughout the day, a series of one-hour takeovers will see some of the biggest names in music and entertainment host their very own shows on Radio 1.

Presenter: Scott Mills and Jordan North
BS

 

All-new schedule of presenters take over Radio 1
Thursday 26 - Tuesday 31 December

BBC Radio 1 is introducing a brand new roster of DJs over the festive period. From Boxing Day until New Year’s Eve, Radio 1 will be showcasing the best in new and emerging talent and offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to broadcast on the UK’s biggest youth radio station.
BS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/xmas19radio/r1-asian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see Scott on breakfast - will this be the last year? and sorry he is not doing more R2 cover over the period although NYE is a bigger gig than R1 i'd say with much more chance of people listening to R2, I will be listening as I am working that night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like has previously been pointed out, people with kids won’t work Christmas Day. As he’s now regular breakfast host, Greg is also ruled out. 
 

I suppose the obvious idea would be Jordan North on Breakfast and Arielle Free on Afternoons once Scott has done his last Christmas morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the Christmas schedule has been released and it’s  not a lot different to normal:

23rd:

4:00 Katie Thistleton 

6:30 Matt and Mollie

4:00 Jordan North

Everything else as normal 

24th:

Same except it’s just Matt on breakfast 

From Boxing Day to New Years Eve: 

It looks like they have got radio 1 Anthems everyday doing 3 hours of music from each year from 2000. 

NYD and 2nd:

Same as Christmas Eve except Reece is in for RMC

3rd: 

Normal Schedule except no Mollie on breakfast! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

Some of the Christmas schedule has been released and it’s  not a lot different to normal:

23rd:

4:00 Katie Thistleton 

6:30 Matt and Mollie

4:00 Jordan North

Everything else as normal 

24th:

Same except it’s just Matt on breakfast 

From Boxing Day to New Years Eve: 

It looks like they have got radio 1 Anthems everyday doing 3 hours of music from each year from 2000. 

NYD and 2nd:

Same as Christmas Eve except Reece is in for RMC

3rd: 

Normal Schedule except no Mollie on breakfast! 

 

 

Harpz Kaur is in for Scott on 23rd and Dev is in for Scott on 24th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be interesting to see who presents Radio 1 Anthems between Xmas and New Year. A lot of primetime available, I wouldn't of thought they would do it all with new talent? Probs breakfast and drive will have Matt & Jordan or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BBCR1_James said:

Will be interesting to see who presents Radio 1 Anthems between Xmas and New Year. A lot of primetime available, I wouldn't of thought they would do it all with new talent? Probs breakfast and drive will have Matt & Jordan or something?

Based on the generic show descriptions (looks like the usual presenter names have specifically been edited out of the normal show description), it looks like it's all going to be new talent, even the night time shows up to 1am every evening except NYE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some stuff that's on now

Monday 23/12 

M&M on breakfast for Greg 

Harpz Kaur in for Scott and Jordan in for Grimmy 

 

Christmas Eve 

Matt on breakfast solo

Dev in for scott 

Jordan in for Grimmy 

 

Daytime looks blank for the new talent 

NYE Scott is on 1-5 then Radio 2 later, Charlie 5-9 and Jordan 9-1, all doing party anthems

All shows have Scott's pic 

New Years Day is Matt on breakfast, Jordan on drive 

 

Katie shows as Earlies so Adele must be off until new year after the jungle 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early Breakfast has blanks on most days as well so I imagine most of the new talent are on those slots as well.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/11/student-radio-award-winners-to-host-bbc-radio-1-shows/

I noticed reading this article it mentions that:

Quote

The winners of the Best Student Radio Chart Show will be hosting the Official Top 40 between Christmas and the New Year, as announced by Scott Mills whilst giving out the award to URY.

If that's true then that would be done on the 27th Dec but the schedule also says that Scott is still down to host the chart and party anthems that day. Radio 1 dance shows have a blank as well so maybe they'll showcase upcoming dance music DJ's in those slots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...