• New on Unofficial Mills

John

Hello New Members!

Firstly, Hi to everyone whos joined in my absence! I look forward to debating little things with some of you, and hopefully having a giggle with the lot of ya!

Secondly, its only fair I reintroduce myself as it's been a staggeringly long time since I had any kind of big presence on the site. My names Nikolai, and I'm some 21 year old writing type. I'm from Norwich but I won't be here for much longer (for those of you in the know, I've finally grown up and going to uni at last). I'm a journalist, a young adult writer and even a broadcaster! I've worked for a station called CCN Live, and now I know far too much about the mechanics of being an actual Dee-jay. I spun records and stuff. not really I had to use a cart wall. And CDJs. but still. spinny.

But I'm getting off topic. So I'll be here from now on, since I've got my act together and stuff! As ever, whether ye be old or new, I'm happy to chat with anyone so seriously, just ask. Font of all knowledge me :D

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

and now I know far too much about the mechanics of being an actual Dee-jay. I spun records and stuff. not really I had to use a cart wall. And CDJs. but still. spinny.

ah cdj's! i have a pair myself, but back in my day when i started it was technics sl 1210 turntables!

on the grid.

Hello- Radio 1 listener since 2009 (although I've recently been listening to some Mark and Lard and Moyles shows from 2004), forum lurker since shortly after, and now I've decided to take the plunge and finally sign up!

(By the way, what's happened to Viv and Doovde, I haven't seen their bickering on the forum for ages!)

Hello- Radio 1 listener since 2009 (although I've recently been listening to some Mark and Lard and Moyles shows from 2004), forum lurker since shortly after, and now I've decided to take the plunge and finally sign up!

(By the way, what's happened to Viv and Doovde, I haven't seen their bickering on the forum for ages!)

Welcome along! Real nice to see someone who has some time for the history of Radio 1 as well as the current/future.

I guess they moved on, the forum sadly is dead compared to 2005 - 2008. I guess people move on, but I don't think the social media boom past those dates helps forums these days. It's not quite the same, as people don't communicate as they would on here.

on the grid.