Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

8 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

I think that’s really bad that they can’t find presenters for the next 2 days early breakfast really. Just seems like really lazy programming there from management!

Agreed. Very lazy and unprofessional for one of the biggest stations in the country. It’s like when they didn’t cover the Sunday breakfast show a few months ago. The station has never had so many presenters either so it doesn’t make sense. 

2 hours ago, LemmeRant said:

Agreed. Very lazy and unprofessional for one of the biggest stations in the country. It’s like when they didn’t cover the Sunday breakfast show a few months ago. The station has never had so many presenters either so it doesn’t make sense. 

Hmmm not sure.  I doubt whether this was laziness, more likely a last resort.  There are several presenters off at the moment due to Covid and other illnesses and it's very likely to be a similar story across production teams too.  Taking an off-peak programme off air seems to be to be a reasonable decision in the circumstances.

25 minutes ago, michaelb said:

No Early Breakfast Monday-Thursday next week.

Oh dear... In normal circumstances that would be a very poor show from the BBC... However, it must be behind the scenes staff related... As there cannot be any chance they can't find ANY presenter to cover any of tomorrow/Friday or next week....

1 hour ago, NathanS said:

Oh dear... In normal circumstances that would be a very poor show from the BBC... However, it must be behind the scenes staff related... As there cannot be any chance they can't find ANY presenter to cover any of tomorrow/Friday or next week....

I find it rather baffling that with the pandemic other stations are able to find the resources to get last minute presenters and stand in within days even with low production resources. Is it somehow bit difficult for a music station like radio 1 I’m surprised theres no one that is available id just start breakfast bit earlier possibly end it earlier to pre pandemic times if was stuck with that dilemma. Do find selecting purely Radio 1 Dance shows is bit of a cop out on Christmas period. Maybe air some Christmas playlists from BBC Sounds or any other BBC Sounds mixes. It seems that since the new schedule for duo and trio pairings have lead to presenting dilemmas 

3 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Friday 31st Dec the timings have changed slightly:

16.00-17.30 Chart

17.30-21.30 James Cusack

21.30-01.00 Jordan North

And on Thursday 20th Jan Vick is off so it's Jordan and Katie.

Interesting that the timing of the chart has changed... So it's 15 minutes shorter than it'd usually be.. rather than 15 minutes longer (because no Newsbeat)

1 hour ago, NathanS said:

Interesting that the timing of the chart has changed... So it's 15 minutes shorter than it'd usually be.. rather than 15 minutes longer (because no Newsbeat)

Makes sense though as there will probably be loads of Christmas songs in the chart so having less time to fill will help!

41 minutes ago, Bluestraw said:

Makes sense though as there will probably be loads of Christmas songs in the chart so having less time to fill will help!

That's true. Although it was listed as finishing at 6 until the past day or two so something's changed. NYE will be the next time we hear Jordan on air next as well. Shame he's not on this week with Vick as it would've likely been an extra fun listen in the run up to Christmas. Hopefully, whatever it is, it's not too serious and he's okay. 

3 hours ago, NathanS said:

That's true. Although it was listed as finishing at 6 until the past day or two so something's changed. NYE will be the next time we hear Jordan on air next as well. Shame he's not on this week with Vick as it would've likely been an extra fun listen in the run up to Christmas. Hopefully, whatever it is, it's not too serious and he's okay. 

He’s on Christmas Day!

5 minutes ago, R1Fan1 said:

He’s on Christmas Day!

Ohh yeah! Thanks for that. How could I forget lol.  Ignore that original comment. I'm looking forward to their show along with the rest of the schedule. Makes a change from the previous years of fill in 'celebrity/popstar takeovers', which is the point I'd tune out. I'll probably be listening most of the day this year

On 12/20/2021 at 8:46 PM, TheSaviourisHere said:

Surprised they don't do the chart of the year anymore 

I do miss the chart of the year it seemed like an easy show to present produce remember before credit to Jordan presented the whole six hours of it