Unofficial Mills

Should BBC Switch be shut down?

Jono

[Mark Thompson] will also pledge to close BBC Switch and Blast!, leaving the lucrative teenage market to ITV and Channel 4. But BBC Three, which is aimed at 16 to 35-year-olds will not be touched.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/media/article7041944.ece

Is BBC Switch and Blast worth its money? I sense this one won't be as controversial as the Asian Network/6Music decision.

They could do it as podcast only..

They can't release anything thats hasn't been played on air...

I've felt that switch could have gone for a long time. They have a narrow mind as to teenagers. I think that switch live was very good example of this. The line up of alexandra burke, jls, pixie lott, all manufactured, and n-dubz, violent arrogant criminals (which turns out is a fair comment).

etheridge_tom.png

They can't release anything thats hasn't been played on air...

I've felt that switch could have gone for a long time. They have a narrow mind as to teenagers. I think that switch live was very good example of this. The line up of alexandra burke, jls, pixie lott, all manufactured, and n-dubz, violent arrogant criminals (which turns out is a fair comment).

My friends went to switch live and had they had a great time.

My goodness, that's a pretty funky donkey!

i really like grimmy & annie working together but switch is awful. Its aimed at teenegers but im a teenager and i just cringe at how awful it is. I think they should keep grimmy&annie working together but not doing switch.

I also went to switch live last year and it didnt really enjoy it, it was all pop/RnB acts, no rock, plus there were just soo many chavs there :/.

I think Switch is something that only appeals to the sort of audience that are teeny boppers. It's not like it targets the whole of the 14-17 year old age group appropriately. It's a bit like choosing between Live and Kicking and SMTV, apart from there is no other option.

I am 18, and BBC Switch puts me off listening to Radio 1. I can't stand it. It has a feel of cheap entertainment and all round immaturity about it, and to be honest I hate how they've dragged The Surgery in to it. I would get rid of it instantly, patronising rubbish, everything Radio 1 shouldn't be. The whole thing just sounds too forced for me, a desperation to attract the age range.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I am 18, and BBC Switch puts me off listening to Radio 1. I can't stand it. It has a feel of cheap entertainment and all round immaturity about it, and to be honest I hate how they've dragged The Surgery in to it. I would get rid of it instantly, patronising rubbish, everything Radio 1 shouldn't be. The whole thing just sounds too forced for me, a desperation to attract the age range.

I actually don't mind Annie and Nick. I'm more concerned about Tom Deacon. Although I think the whole Perez Hilton stuff is annoying. Why bother now Matt Edmondson is under used?