Unofficial Mills

Spend time with the Chris Moyles team

Jono

I think you may have been spending too much time on chrismoyles.net (as you seem to have developed their manner of speaking).

Oh god, not that old chestnut again. :rolleyes:

Good to see a healthy debate - including you Aled - about this. I sometimes find the older aspects of the show (that naturally come out from Chris's actual age and interests) at odds with the station's apparent quest for a younger audience.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the chris moyles show really got on my nerves this week i love the new jingle there brilliant but it just sounds so dull and boring and the team just sound like they dont want to be there that much, comedy daves been realy annoying this week and these competitions are realy bad and the cinema thing tommorow isnt realy keeping with the hang out with the team theme cause you might talk to them abit but your still watching a movie you just happen to be in the same cinema as the chris moyles team and they talked this morning about how long untill different team members fall asleep if id won id be a bit pissed off please get some better ideas for the show im a fan of the show but im starting to think about just listening to tunes on my ipod in morning and on bus to college and im 18

Agree with all of this, I tried Chris E on R2 this morning but switched back as the music was as boring as ever and his longest link that I heard was about 15sec.

Oh yeah, I was 18 for ten years but I'm older than that now.............. ;)

Most of the people who have responded on this site, including me, seem to all share the opinion that this weeks competion on Chris's show havent been that interesting or special. As Jono said its been enough to have me switch over and try listening to Chris Evans.

Its a brand new year, a brand new decade and it would be great if the Chris Moyles show could somehow capture a fresh exciting feel.

Not just bring back Jamie Oliver, revisit celebrity Big brother on its last outing before retirement, and bring in a niche band that doesnt appeal to the majority Chris Moyles audience.

When Chris is funny, he can be really entertaining and worth listening to, but not if he is jsut going to recycle old ideas, and toe the corporate line.

I agree it's not.

As to this week. It's worked on many levels - and when taken as an entirety has been a success. It's easy to pick elements which could have been better but none of the points have made mr regret doing what we have.

It's our first week back - I don't think it's any longer an option for us to say let's have a week - that's 5 shows of nothing to give Chris the opportunity to chat. These shows allowed for that while including an element of excitement, structure, additional soap opera, an opportunity for something to promote along with the chance to meet our listeners.

Indeed, it's all the talk about it that's annoying. I enjoyed the show a lot more today because there seemed to be a lot less of it. That and the slagging off of the playlist- LOVE it when Chris says what we're all thinking! Do Biffy Clyro have a relative on the playlist panel... Justin Bieber- music for twelve-year-olds...

Indeed, it's all the talk about it that's annoying. I enjoyed the show a lot more today because there seemed to be a lot less of it. That and the slagging off of the playlist- LOVE it when Chris says what we're all thinking! Do Biffy Clyro have a relative on the playlist panel... Justin Bieber- music for twelve-year-olds...

that was funny when they were on about justin bieber and if he was girl or not

Mmmmm, I think much of the issue is too much talk about the feature. Fair enough having it, and I think it's a good idea - but please just be less corporate.

I agree. I didn't like that it was trailed ahead for quite a while on all shows too.

I feel I'm such a whinger now but we're obviously a small moody section of the audience judging by Aled's revelation that it was very successful.

I've gotta be honest, I haven't bothered listening to Moyles since Monday. I have no interest in hearing about Jamie Oliver or N Dubz with that piece of shit cowardly bully Dappy, and my interest is firmly focused on the late night talk shows in America right now. This may be the first week in almost three years that I miss a week of Moyles and don't care.

Grumpy cow. Ignore her Aled, we do. Viv you're way of speaking will put important Radio 1 figures such as Aled off posting on here. .

I am as I am. If you don't like me, that's absolutely fine... I think I would find you liking me an insult, tbh!! :hahaha:

Just because I say what I think doesn't mean I don't like Aled, or R1, or wouldn't be helpful or supportive where required.

End of. :)

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

To be fair to Viv, Aled, do we really need to go through the rigmarole of labeling every single comment we make with "OPINION" and "FACT" until we're blue in the face? I don't think you're giving people on this site enough credit in being able to decipher the two.

I saw her comment and knew it was her opinion. It didn't need to be spelt out and anyone who took it as anything more than that is an idiot.

*Agrees 100% with this*

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

A RADIO listener from Petersfield found himself racing Radio One DJ Chris Moyles and pop group N-Dubz around a go-kart track after winning an internet competition.

Radio One fan Graham Malone (28), of Dragon Street, got the chance to meet both the breakfast team from the station and the chart-topping band last Tuesday.

Graham emailed Radio One to enter a competition to race go-karts with them after seeing it advertised on the station's website.

His name was plucked out at random and he was invited up to London live on-air during the Chris Moyles breakfast show.

"It was brilliant, absolutely amazing," he said. "We caught the train up to London in the morning and arrived at the studio early, had breakfast, and were taken on a tour of the studio.

"We met Fearne Cotton, Greg James and the guy who does not speak on the Scott Mills Show, and then we went in and met all of the breakfast team."

Graham took his partner Angela Brook along with him, and they were taken by cab along with the Radio One staff to the go-karting track.

He said: "Aled from the show was with us in the taxi and he told us that Comedy Dave (presenter) was ultra-competitive and would do anything to win, so that got us going."

They arrived at the race track in Edmonton, north London and met N-Dubz.

Graham said: "They were brilliant, all of them were really good guys.

"It was in a really, really old industrial park and although it was relatively cold outside, it was absolutely freezing inside. But once we all put the suits, gloves and helmets on it was all right."

Graham and Angela took part in qualifying, the main race and then a free-for-all at the end between N-Dubz and their management.

Graham finished in a respectable second place, just behind Faser from N-Dubz and ahead of Comedy Dave in third.

Chris Moyles finished eighth and Angela crossed the line in 10th.

He added: "They phoned me up on-air to talk about it the next morning. They were all really complimentary about my driving, so it was great."<!---

MPUMinCharsCutOff:210 PageLength:1878

MPUPositionFromStart:250 MPUPositionRange:1000

hasVideoOrImage:False

-->

http://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/news/Moyles-ahead-on-the-gokart.5998225.jp

james_ryder.png

I was listening to Moyles and the gang this morning and I thought the new feature 'What Am I' was rubbish AND far too much of it, three rounds in one show - Pah! Mind you, it didnt help that Jedward were reading out the clues. Last weeks 'Who Am I' worked quite well I thought, but not so this.

I cant say I'm impressed with the changes made since the New Year, it just seems like they are struggling to fill the time between the music and are therefore coming up with second rate features which I'm finding tiresome. The CBB chat was OK this morning but again, far, far too much of it. The orchestral jingles and beds are starting to lose their appeal for me now as well. All in all, I feel the show has lost its sparkle, just more of the same, day after day.

Apart from that, its fine............ :|

I was listening to Moyles and the gang this morning and I thought the new feature 'What Am I' was rubbish AND far too much of it, three rounds in one show - Pah! Mind you, it didnt help that Jedward were reading out the clues. Last weeks 'Who Am I' worked quite well I thought, but not so this.

I cant say I'm impressed with the changes made since the New Year, it just seems like they are struggling to fill the time between the music and are therefore coming up with second rate features which I'm finding tiresome. The CBB chat was OK this morning but again, far, far too much of it. The orchestral jingles and beds are starting to lose their appeal for me now as well. All in all, I feel the show has lost its sparkle, just more of the same, day after day.

Apart from that, its fine............ :|

Oh I like that game - although I didn't hear it today. I'm pretty happy with the show at the moment. It was just those ruddy competitions that annoyed me.