Chippy

Which would you buy  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy

• I will buy Joe's song (X Factor)
    • Rage Against the Machine
    • Other
    • None

Christmas number one of 2009 is announced next Sunday.

Most expect Joe from X Factor to now get it, but will he?

Currently Rage Against the Machine is #1 on the itunes chart but as Chris Moyles knows, being in the top 10 on itunes doesn't mean you will be top ten when the results are out Sunday.

Y4Ar5.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sick of fucking x factor and people who think the winner will be around making 'tracks' in 40 years time. i saw paul mccartney on there tonight in the pub. he'll be 30 years dead and they'll be playing his music, the winner this year and the rest will be long forgotten.

rage against the machine, at least they earned their fame. instead of relying on silly hormonal teenage girls to get them places.

on the grid.

im sick of fucking x factor and people who think the winner will be around making 'tracks' in 40 years time. i saw paul mccartney on there tonight in the pub. he'll be 30 years dead and they'll be playing his music, the winner this year and the rest will be long forgotten.

rage against the machine, at least they earned their fame. instead of relying on silly hormonal teenage girls to get them places.

:yeahthat:

As much as I want Timmy Trendy to be number one, I know it ain't gonna be.. So Rage Against the Machine. Just something ANYTHING to beat X-Factor..

samozzy.png

That RATM song is strangely missing from my collection, so I'll try to remember to buy it. I haven't bought a christmas week single for about 9 or 10 years, since it was a fairish race-albeit usually won by a manufactured pop group like the Spice Girls.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I can understand how annoyed people must get with X Factor taking over the charts, but I don't think that buying another song just to spite them is right. It's not fair to stop Joe's chance to shine through buying RATM.

Fair enough, 'protest' and get your message across through Facebook groups and things, but it's unfair to take over the charts and take it away from him. Get your point across to Simon Cowell not Joe!

I won't be buying anything off iTunes or physically. I shall be using one of the other legal music download sites for my purchase. Probably Amazon. It is near impossible to find physical CD singles these days. I like how it's possible for a song that hasn't been recently released to get into the chart, it makes it more realistic of people's listening. If you want to know what people are actually listening to week on week, the last.fm chart is the place to go. I don't believe that anyone has the right to a guaranteed spot at the top of the chart. Isn't the X-Factor supposed to be all about people (paying to) vote for who they think deserves to win?

Both songs are 29p on Amazon and 2 different versions of the RATM song are number 1 and number 3. I reckon X Factor will still win it somehow though, as I have a feeling sales of the X Factor song will be more steady through the week while RATM sales will drop off.

I think it's making it more interesting and talked about than the Christmas number 1 'race' has been in years.

I remember Chris Moyles twittering about getting close to Rihanna on the itunes album chart (in 3rd or 4th) and then come Sunday his album was 20-something-th.

Joe will get so many thousands of physical sales, RATM has no chance ever (sadly)

But its nice to see what happens :)

Y4Ar5.png