Unofficial Mills

How long do we give Edith and Jo in their new shows

whoknowswhy

Jo will go i think, dunno where maybe 6music ? she seems very upset about being moved & pushed out, & she hasn't mentioned the weekends much at all, Edith said today she is really looking forward to doing it, how true that is i dunno she could be just saying it though

i think Edith will stay if the movie stuff stays she will also she is available to cover for anyone on daytime, im not sure on the contracts but im positive that Edith signed a new contract just before she announced she was pregnant.

wonder what John Peel would have thought about being told that he is to old for R1.

as for if they were pushed, i doubt they had much choice, but i can see Edith would have said "yeah" in a excited way, but Jo would have just gone "oh right you want me to do weekend" - "good bye".

:)

wonder what John Peel would have thought about being told that he is to old for R1.

He wouldn't have been told he was too old for Radio 1. I think there was an interview with Ben Cooper recently where he said that John Peel consistently had the youngest audience out of all the shows on the station.

Over the past couple of weeks every time Ive heard Jo she has sounded really excited at moving to weekends. she has ended the show on a high with the live lounge tour, and is talking happily about new weekend guests, To be honest it does seem a sensible move considering her family committments. Id reckon she will stay for a while.

Whereas Edith I think has almost ignored the whole thing and seems to imagine that the early weekend breakfast show is just as important as daytimes. Making me wonder if she is just putting a brave face on it...or if she really doesnt realise? I think she will stay but more because she doesnt have anywhere else to go.

I don't think jo sounds that happy about going to weekends,the only time i've heard her mention it is as a sarcastic comment like i've pushed the wrong button thats why i'm being moved,or as replys to people saying i'm going to miss you,the only guests so far mentioned are david tennent and newton faulkner.

As for family the only benefit is holidays,when she moves to weekends she'll see less of her kids.

They've both just had children, I imagine that's partly the reason why Sara hasn't taken the 10-1 shows too. Edith's shows would be more suited to weekend breaky anyway, especially with all the film guff. Jo's show will be good too, i'm thinking something similar to Dermot O'leary's Radio 2 show.

It's time for a change, It must have been a mutual agreement between all of them.

Also, Moyles only signed a one year contract because of the pay cut, he wants more money next year. Jammy b*stard :P

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Unfortunately I think Cotton will stick around for a while, but I can see the bosses letting her get away with her (let's face it) predictable absences as they wouldn't want to look like they made a wrong decision.

In no way can I see Edith and particularly Jo being happy or consenting to being shoved away on weekends- it's less prestigious, I presume will be less money (?) and is kind of embarrassing- I know I wouldn't be happy if my boss told me I'd have to work part time- and at weekends. Jo's kids will be at school during the week, and Edith will have to get up at the crack of dawn on a weekend- no thanks!

There is a case for new mums asking to work fewer hours so they can spend more time with their kids...maybe this is the case with Jo and Edith?

I doubt if its an ideal scenario for either of them, they will just have to hope that their partners pull their weight and have a bit of quality daddy -baby time at weekends when their mums are busy at work!

Jo does have a fairly prestigious slot in the afternoon, Sara had a popular show when she did weekend afternoons. Edith drew the short straw. Working an early show at weekends, must be hard to go out anywhere on Friday or Saturday eves, But then I am definitely not a morning person!

What weekend breakfast shows are good to wake up to? I've worked every Saturday for a number of years and having to put up with Fearne or Reggie, Nihal (when he wasn't very good, unlike today, I like him now) and Nick Grimshaw I was actually enjoying Dev! Now I shall be tuning out. Can anyone reccomend anyone?

ChrisHewgill.jpg