Unofficial Mills

Michael Jackson has died

dstrkzn

it was really strange and sad dj'ing tonight. played lots of michael jackson, and finished with man in the mirror.

here's what i played tonight, in no order and not all together. i broke them up into sets of 2 and 3 throughout the night:-

don't stop till you get enough

blame it on the boogie

shake your body down to the ground

billie jean (2 times through the night)

beat it

bad

i want you back

abc

thriller (2 times through the night)

smooth criminal

the way you make me feel

scream

you rock my world

wanna be startin' somethin'

man in the mirror

When I was about two and a half years old I was apparently obsessed by Michael Jackson - had tshirts and everything - so it's scary that my first "idol" had died.

i'm the same. the compilation i put together yesterday was off the old cd's i have in the cupboard. i must of had some of them for 10-15 years. although i've grown older and gone into other music, i still like lots of stuff jackson has done. i drove back down the m54 tonight with his music playing, usually after 6 hours of dj'ing with loud music i just hear the engine.

i didn't play it out but it was on in the car on the way back. it's amazing how much of a great record the jackson 5's 'i'll be there' really is, as someone who appreciates motown and soul music anyway. it has to rank up as one of the best.

on the grid.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R.I.P. Michael J. This is so sad. I remember him from my teenage years.... :-(

I hope there's nothing more sinister to all this.

Moyles, btw, spoke particularly well about him yesterday morning, and sounded very genuinely concerned. loved the 2nd half of the Golden Hour too yesterday.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Sad news but realistically I knew he'd never manage these gigs. Silly people for throwing away lots for the tickets.

Just wondering, Jono, why on earth did you think he'd never manage them?

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Just wondering, Jono, why on earth did you think he'd never manage them?

He just never struck me as someone who could manage stress. He only appeared in the press conference for two minutes and with the court case he was constantly in and out of hospital. Quite rightly so - a court case is a big stress - but I don't think he'd have managed them all. Some of the dates had already been rescheduled. I just don't think he was in the right state of mind, and was only doing it to pay off huge debts.

its been said that he was getting stuff of different doctors & also he was allegedly addicted to OxyContin & Demerol which are a lethal combination :(

it seems that an hour after the doctor gave him a injection of Demerol he stopped breathing, but a overdose could have been reversed if the doctor had the correct drugs on him.

:)

I'm actually more shocked than anything. He was without a doubt a unique character, with a very creative brain. There have been very few like him, and I doubt there will be anyone like him in the future.

I found out shortly after 12.30 on Thursday night. It was the main headline on BBC Ceefax. I was away from the net at the time.

I've also just browsed the MJFC Forum.

http://www.mjfanclub.net/mjforum373/showthread.php?t=4864

You can feel the anguish in their posts, as each and every fan hopes that the news wasn't true. You can't help but feel sorry for them

take control

The details of Michael Jackson's autopsy have been leaked, reportedly showing the star to be in an advanced state of decline at the time of his death.

According to The Sun, Jackson was "severely emaciated" and weighed 8st 1oz when he died, while his stomach was empty except for partially-dissolved pills that have been sent for tests.

The singer is said to have been wearing a wig and had lost almost all his hair, with only a "peach fuzz" covering his scalp.

His thighs, shoulders and hips were marked with needle wounds resulting from painkiller injections, while four needle entry sites were found near his chest following failed attempts to restart his heart with adrenaline.

A source close to the Jackson entourage said: "Michael's family and fans will be horrified when they realise the appalling state he was in.

"He was skin and bone, his hair had fallen out and had been eating nothing but pills when he died. Injection marks all over his body and the disfigurement caused by years of plastic surgery show he'd been in terminal decline for years."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a162534/jackson-autopsy-findings-leaked.html

The singer is said to have been wearing a wig and had lost almost all his hair, with only a "peach fuzz" covering his scalp.

He must have been so so so scary with no wig :shock:

Here is a picture of what he would have looked like if he didn't...do stuff?

article-1050082-026F539500000578-118_224x423_popup.jpg

Y4Ar5.png

The story gets worse as we go deeper, by the looks of things.

I don't know if this has been said in here already but apparantly (according to the Mail on Sunday), turns out his family were considering "forcibly admitting him to a rehabillitation centre just two weeks before his death", because they were "so concerned about his addiction to powerful painkillers".

Now that's an odd turn. I wonder how no-one noticed his health was in such a deep state of decline?

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.