Unofficial Mills

Advent Calendars

Jono

Hopefully you opened yours this morning!

What sort do you have? It's always the typical cartoon character one that I end up with. I've got a Homer Simpson one, although the 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' in big chocolate at the bottom looks tempting.

I'm not even much of a fan of chocolate!

I have a greetings card sized one which has little paper windows on with pictures behind. My sister sent it to me through the post which is nice of her as I can't eat chocolate, but I don't want to go on about it. Today's picture is a christmas pudding.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I had to buy my own Advent Calendar this year(my Sisters too), Dad would forget. And as I was skint on Saturday, I had to go for the Simpsons ones that were on offer in Tesco.

But it's all good, chocolate and tea in the mornings, it'll probably start supplementing when I can't be asked with Cereal.

I had to buy my own Advent Calendar this year(my Sisters too), Dad would forget. And as I was skint on Saturday, I had to go for the Simpsons ones that were on offer in Tesco.

But it's all good, chocolate and tea in the mornings, it'll probably start supplementing when I can't be asked with Cereal.

Ahh, chocolate does go marvellously well with a cup of tea ;)

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I don't mean to go all fanboy, But wouldn't a scott mills team advent calender be nice one year! Although, to make up for the lack of colour, any "Scott" chocs would have to be flavoured orange...

Just Sayin' :D

:o A Scott Choc! Could that be the single most amarzing thing ever?

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I have a rather boring Galaxy one that only has ordinary Galaxy and Galaxy Caramel chocolates inside. Oh well, it was a gift from my parents when they came to visit, considering I never actually asked for one in the first place I shouldn't really complain.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I have more than one :D

Well, the first "calendar" is just a candle with the numbers from 1-24. Then you burn one number each day - it's very Danish!

The next one is basically a scratch card with the numbers from 1-24 and the four sundays. With a little bit of luck I might win 1.000.000 kr!

Then I have three advent calenders that are made from cardboard - I open one door each day and on the other side there is a picture that tells me a bit about what is going to happen in the advent calendar on TV. This year there are four advent calendars on TV, but one of them is for adults so there's no cardboard calendar for that one. It's amazing though, unbelievably funny. I love those three guys who made it, they're some of the funniest comedians in Denmark. Fact.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Are advent calenders a British thing? I was on the train at Waterloo last week and someone was explaining to a 30 year old Australian guy how advent calenders work.

"So on door 1 I eat a bit of chocolate? And then on door two I eat two bits, and so on? No? Damn you Brits!"

Sounds delicious! I adore Maltesers! I must go and look for one in the shops, maybe I'd get a discount now that Advent has already begun?

It's weird, they all seem to disappear straight away once December starts. My housemate said that Sainsburys only had Hannah Montana ones left, and they weren't even discounted.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure
You can send your chocolate to me then!;)

I've got a Cadbury Dairy Milk one plus one for my dog. A chocolate with my breakfast every morning, life doesn't get much better.

That reminds me - last year I got one for my brother but it didn't even last a day as our dog somehow managed to find it and he ate every single chocolate. What a little pig ;)

I have more than one :D

Well, the first "calendar" is just a candle with the numbers from 1-24. Then you burn one number each day - it's very Danish!

The next one is basically a scratch card with the numbers from 1-24 and the four sundays. With a little bit of luck I might win 1.000.000 kr!

Then I have three advent calenders that are made from cardboard - I open one door each day and on the other side there is a picture that tells me a bit about what is going to happen in the advent calendar on TV. This year there are four advent calendars on TV, but one of them is for adults so there's no cardboard calendar for that one. It's amazing though, unbelievably funny. I love those three guys who made it, they're some of the funniest comedians in Denmark. Fact.

Oh dear, looks like you'll be very busy before Christmas, opening all the doors and lighting all the candles :P