Unofficial Mills

geek world meet up!

popbitcher

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met internet freaks before and if you decide on a city and a date that's far enough away and people actually want to go then they can get cheap train tickets earlier and all is good *nods*

There were about 20 or so of us in Manchester when I last met a huge group of internet freaks. Was ace.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

I've met a few people individually off the internet but never been to a big meet-up.

I think the main problem would be finding somewhere local enough to enough people. I could easily find some way to explain to people where I was. Meeting up with my friend Katy or something, no one would ask too many questions. I'm not worried about meeting you lot though.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure
Am I classed as old? Or does it mean old as in being on here for a loong time, because I have been for three years *nods*, but I'm young...

Uh, it looks like I lose on both fronts ;) I'd still be up for it!!! And if I may suggest a place, I would probably say London as most of the time it's fairly cheap to get there from the majority of places (megabus hehe). I have met up with some internet people before but, like Lucida, always individually and never in a group. It might be quite an experience.

London would be best wouldn't it? because it's near enough in the middle for everyone, plus radio 1 is there.

also for people not in the uk, I'm sure they could get a real cheap flight to Heathrow or Gatwick.

Yeah, I'll ask my brothers, they're used to it.

I just remembered I actually dreamt that we were having a Geek World meet up. And we were in a room just next to the studio and were just walking in and out of the studio - strangely the team didn't mind at all, they were all really nice - even Chappers! Oh, and then we were on this camp (on an island outside of Flensburg where I had just been with the school) and we had some different tasks we had to complete. We were put in rooms of three to six people, but then these two ooold twins (I think it was the twins from that documentary) came with their parents who asked if we would mind having them in the room where I was sleeping. We said it was okay, but then I woke and that was it.

Very strange...

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

I have a proposition. London would be a bit unfair for Northerners so we should choose a place near the middle of the country. Derby is pretty much the middle of England. We should also have someone who knows the place we are visiting and I, being the charitable type I am, volunteer to be that person. Conveniently, I live in Derby which, as earlier discussed, is easily accessed for everyone. For further ease, we should pick a town/city which a number of members of UM live in. Both me and local favorite Rik live in, you guessed it, Derby. Furthermore, Derby has a large train network with a delightful station that is right next to the city center.

For the above reasons, I propose Derby as a meeting place.

Many thanks,

Rob

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru