Unofficial Mills

College, School, Uni & Gap Years

Grace

ive been doing film and television studies at uni for the past 4 weeks loads of people say media-related stuff is pointless and you shouldnt do it. But im really enjoying it and at the end of the day a degrees a degree right?... thats my way of thinking anyway dont spoil the illusion :P So yeah, make sure you choose subjects you enjoy. I remember hating 2/4 subjects i did at A level, i chose them because i could actually do them and didnt want a challenge ;)

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dynamoo - I've got to agree with you about languages. German is a right b****! I got an A at GCSE too - how much harder does it get?! Heheh I've been predicted a C too. Have you dropped it now?

lol! Emma loves it ;)

I'm doing both French and German at A2 :) to answer you're questions about emma though, she has dropped it. although im sure she regrets it a lot :P she doesn't get to write 1000 and 500 words courseworks for the language :P

the only thing with german which is really hard is the case system, which is a bit of a shock at first! and then when you get onto the harder topics, its not actually the language which is the problem, its getting the ideas in english!

French is easier i think grammar wise. german i got highest on in my ASs tho!

German gets a tad harder in the A2 year, the topics are a lot deeper, and more thought has to be put into them. and the cases matter more now. for example in coursework, cases will need to be checked etc. EVERY noun! and in the exam we have a translation exercise. one noun with the wrong case and... dropped mark for the small section :roll:

lol! Emma loves it ;)

I'm doing both French and German at A2 :) to answer you're questions about emma though, she has dropped it. although im sure she regrets it a lot :P she doesn't get to write 1000 and 500 words courseworks for the language :P

the only thing with german which is really hard is the case system, which is a bit of a shock at first! and then when you get onto the harder topics, its not actually the language which is the problem, its getting the ideas in english!

French is easier i think grammar wise. german i got highest on in my ASs tho!

German gets a tad harder in the A2 year, the topics are a lot deeper, and more thought has to be put into them. and the cases matter more now. for example in coursework, cases will need to be checked etc. EVERY noun! and in the exam we have a translation exercise. one noun with the wrong case and... dropped mark for the small section :roll:

Gahh! See I may drop AS Level at the end of next year...and do maybe an A Level in Film Studies or English Lit!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Gahh! See I may drop AS Level at the end of next year...and do maybe an A Level in Film Studies or English Lit!

lol, well see how you get on.

all the courses get harder.

to me, stepping from GCSE to AS was a piece of cake, no probs. the AS to A2 is a tad harder, but i spose it doesnt help by the fact i chose to take 4 of them, and some of the hardest :roll: ah well, bit of hard work never hurt anybody!

• 10 months later...
Cool, I've not done Business before Ema, have you?

No, I wish I took it at GCSE now though. :|

Over the past 20 mins ive changed from Geography to IT to Travel and tourism cos now, Geography is over subscribed, so im back to like square one.

*sigh*

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I didn't do business either, wish I did, instead of media :S

I hope it's okay like.

When do you go back? Loads of sixth forms/colleges start tomorrow? I don't go back until Thursday

I go back on wednesday, ive been told I have to have really early nights now, boo!

twitter.com/emgreatorex