Unofficial Mills

Mark Speight found dead

Jono

Judging by the last news reports I read, you could sense something like this was coming. What a shame it is :(

Yes, I think we knew it was going to end up this way, but still a shock.

Who could imagine such a seemingly happy successful presenter would have this fickle life that would end in tragedy.

This really is very tragic.

I always remembered him as this really happy guy off of Smart and it's horrible to see how things have detoriated for him. I too gasped when I saw this story on the MSN page, obviously in the assurance that he'd be okay.

Two people, a happy couple, killed by drugs. RIP

It's a shame that he's gone, I remember SMart was on when I was a youngster although I can't say I was a fan of these arts and crafts programmes. Looks like he has hung himself according to some unconfirmed reports.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91248-1312764,00.html

As E*F*4L* said it's odd nobody discovered the body for so long, even more worrying that with the level of terror alert in the country that something like this could go unnoticed.

i can't say he was a massive part of my childhood, becuase i had moved on by the time smart was going out. but i do remember him and recall him around. it's awful that it's come to this, his personal pain must of been horrible after what happened to his wife. rip.

on the grid.

You would hope so, especially with the recent tragic death of Heath Ledger too.

Unfortunately, there are so many supposed 'role models' out there whose drug use is flaunted in the media and the individuals are shown to still be successful.

These things are just so tragic for all involved, including the addicts:cry:

Just goes to show how good their acting abilities were I suppose. What a sad story. My heart goes out to their families and friends.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I think it just goes to show that the damage drugs can do to people's lifes in different ways. Mark Speight was obviously struggling to cope after finding his fiance dead after she'd been taking drugs and sleeping tablets.

I guess it was only a matter of time, sadly there are a number of people heading the same direction due to either alcohol abuse or drug addiction.

This is really sad. When I heard he'd gone missing I knew it was likely he'd killed himself but I still hoped it would end well. I remember him and his fiancee when they were on See It-Saw It and it's sad that they'll be remembered this way.

However too many people in the media in particular use cocaine and there should be more done about its dangers and character-altering abilities.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'