Unofficial Mills

Images of death

Monitorabbit

It seems Andy Warhol's cynical view is proved right again as Channel 4 prepare to show pictures of someone (Diana Princess of Wales) dying.

Warhol's electric chair and car crash images once had shock value, but will soon seem mundane.

It's not who is dying, it's wanting a real death to be a spectacle that's a bit disturbing. Will we soon have a weekly series in which we can follow the last days of terminally ill people and rate their deaths for beauty, dignity, lack of pain etc?

UM is a nice place

Sometimes I really wonder what the world is coming to. If this film is in the public interest, I feel ashamed to be part of the public.

It's sick, sensationalist news reporting, and a very sad reflection of our times.

Boycott and sanctions on Channel 4 from me! Hate BB too, so not a problem.

How would the producers of this programme like to see their mother die on TV?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

well i always thought the americans were the worst for bringing up a woman who has been dead for 10 years. but now channel 4 has adopted that, what benifit will be had from seeing her dying? everyone other network by giving this coverage has just generated interest in it. i feel sorry for her lads, when the one becomes king i'd try and do them for treason!!

on the grid.

*Future Kings of the UK.

Im not fussed whether they show her dying or not really, im just surprised channel 4 would go this far. It seems they're already on thin ice with the race row on celeb BB, the kidney gameshow (even if it was a hoax) and now this.

you would think that the future kings of England would be able to stop this nasty programme, but it seems channel 4 have more power than them. What a horrible state we live in.

I think they get away with it because it comes under their freedom to speech and expression, more than a bit sick really.

JFK's assasination is shown regularly without people moaning. Why is this any different?

Is it? I didn't realise it was shown often, I've only once seen the pictures that show Jackie splattered with his brains and the back part of his skull, and also although that's an incident happened 45 years ago, maybe we don't need to see that either?

We had the chance to see phone footage of an execution on Youtube as well, I remember, but I don't think it's a good thing personally. I'm always open to being shown where I'm going wrong in my thinking though.

For me, it's good to hear today that no actual pictures of dying people will be shown - that was implied yesterday, and maybe the Princes meant their objections to be private. It's a shame they ended up publicising the very thing they find hateful and disgusting

UM is a nice place