Unofficial Mills

Local Elections - May 2007

dstrkzn

Scottish election on May 3rd and as always they promise that they are our saviour they can save the world from global warming and the usual yet they still waste trees to advertise there campaign. Just now its only Labour but its every single lamppost! you can bet the others will be putting theres up soon.

Do they ever actually take those things down? or will they be left there for months after this election?

Also Tony Blair's coming to Glasgow today yey! [is there a sarcastic smiley?] Did he drive or Fly? the same with Gordon Brown last week. Why are they coming here when they are the reason that the SNP are ahead in the polls?

Rant over its Hollyoaks time :D

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I think the cause for Scottish independence is all very romantic, I cannot see Scotland being any better off outside the Union than it already is within it. Yes, granted, Scotland might have full control of North Sea oil revenues but isn't that going to run out eventually? I hate to have to use this expression, but as they say, if it isn't broke...

This thread is all a bit too high brow for me. If im being completely honest, i dont trust any of the parties... theyre all talk.

Scotland having independance is all good in theory, but i dont see how it would make much difference anyway. We already have our own parliament and have different laws passed from English and Wales, so i dont really see any need for it.

Meh, politicians are all the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I wont be voting this time, last time I did,but I don't even know who is running for each party or what their policys are, they havent bothered to any advitising and getting out to the people. Normally you get the leaflets through the door stuff in local paper but havent heard much at all, so if they can be bothered to tell me about them then I cant be bothered to vote.

"Just one more game, I promise"

After seeing Jack McConnell on some politics show consistantly ignore the question i hate him more. Why do they never just try and answer the questions? you would think people would vote for people who know what they are talking about but he seems to have no clue.

A little video...

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Round my way it's Labour signs on pretty much every lamp post! I mean you look up a road and all the way up you can just see the signs lol Then Tommy Sheridan has a couple underneath the Labour ones. And then we had a shedload of leaflets through the door as well,all of which my Dad tossed in the bin without giving them a second glance!

This is my first year of being able to vote but I don't think I'm going to bother. I don't see much point. These people promise you all these things are gonna happen but in reality they are just trying to sugar you up and most of those things will never happen! If I was gonna vote though it would probably be for Tommy Sheridan!

~*~Glory Glory Man United~*~