Jump to content

Your Ideal Radio 1 Schedule


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

Updated version following the changes to the schedule:

 

image.png.9fba4a4a0730a60ebefde8f91ed720b6.png

I’d find it quite odd to move Katie Thistleton and Vick Hope to do something that doesn’t incorporate some style and formate of a lifehacks style of show and seem quite good for this assuming you’d scrap the yet to air soul show or forgot about that but I’d move Best New Pop to Sunday afternoons between 16-19 with the update chart kind of dropped through at a shortened length, playing new pop acts and new pop music and chatting to pop stars and interview either Sunday drive or Friday mid morn for that slot 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

I’d find it quite odd to move Katie Thistleton and Vick Hope to do something that doesn’t incorporate some style and formate of a lifehacks style of show and seem quite good for this assuming you’d scrap the yet to air soul show or forgot about that but I’d move Best New Pop to Sunday afternoons between 16-19 with the update chart kind of dropped through at a shortened length, playing new pop acts and new pop music and chatting to pop stars and interview either Sunday drive or Friday mid morn for that slot 

Vick and Katie are mainstream Radio 1 presenters; their future is on a daytime entertainment show, Life Hacks is just a warm up for them, they won’t always host it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 12:05 PM, R1Fan1 said:

So over the last couple of weeks I've been thinking about what would be my ideal Radio 1 schedule. I used the template that it sometimes used on here when a new schedule is announced to insert my ideas, you can see it below. In this version, new permanent presenters are Jess Iszatt, Robyn Richford, James Cusack, Sarah Story and Fee Mack, with Adele Roberts, Grimmy and Annie Mac all leaving. What do you think? What is your ideal R1 schedule?

image.png.9b87a494367ef091bd2f2b196c855206.png

 

How do I get/edit this template?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeekTalk51 said:

Vick and Katie are mainstream Radio 1 presenters; their future is on a daytime entertainment show, Life Hacks is just a warm up for them, they won’t always host it.

Agreed they are to talent but I do feel they could bring an element of lifehacks to where they go in the execute snd make it quite flexible forms 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BBCAaron said:

Agreed they are to talent but I do feel they could bring an element of lifehacks to where they go in the execute snd make it quite flexible forms 

Don’t see it; Life Hacks is there as a licence requirement (as was the Surgery before it) and I think it’s much better to keep that show as its own entity, allowing all that content to be in one place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GeekTalk51 said:

Don’t see it; Life Hacks is there as a licence requirement (as was the Surgery before it) and I think it’s much better to keep that show as its own entity, allowing all that content to be in one place.

A liscense requirement but do feel like it could be brought into another slot and reformatted in a better way do feel like informative and conversational public service content for a youth content could be done better than just a short bit on a Sunday afternoon  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Life Hacks will live on (in some form or other) but it won't be Vick & Katie doing it when they move shows. Agree that as a PSB they COULD put Life Hacks type content on other shows in the week, but I'm guessing there's not such a demand for it compared with general entertainment.

The proposed schedule looks good though I'd be surprised to see Scott drop the chart while he's still on afternoons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GeekTalk51 said:

How do I get/edit this template?

this is the post that I found it on - if you make a copy of the spreadsheet then edit it as you please.

 

on the note of the schedule:

 

1. the idea of a show like Life Hacks (or the Surgery as it was previously known) has been around for years now - it was there before Katie started it and it will no doubt continue without her.

2. Took Scott from the chart because one of my drafts had him on Friday afternoon during his weekend show. Realised that this maybe wouldn’t be fair on Matt and Mollie as it would be seen as a big demotion to go to two days a week. Maybe in a future version I’ll give Scott that Friday and give M&M the chart.

3. On Thursday 8pm I meant to write The Indie Show, not just a generic Jack Saunders entertainment show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

this is the post that I found it on - if you make a copy of the spreadsheet then edit it as you please.

 

on the note of the schedule:

 

1. the idea of a show like Life Hacks (or the Surgery as it was previously known) has been around for years now - it was there before Katie started it and it will no doubt continue without her.

2. Took Scott from the chart because one of my drafts had him on Friday afternoon during his weekend show. Realised that this maybe wouldn’t be fair on Matt and Mollie as it would be seen as a big demotion to go to two days a week. Maybe in a future version I’ll give Scott that Friday and give M&M the chart.

3. On Thursday 8pm I meant to write The Indie Show, not just a generic Jack Saunders entertainment show.

Wouldn’t make sense and would be wasted talent to makes Jack show a generic entertainment that does his role at radio 1 and his career as a music presenter a diservice he’d likely want to leave to work elsewheee then 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, michaelb said:

I think it's a cover schedule of the previous one posted not the current one.

Get that now do find odd to put Sarah Story and Sian Eleri on cover for daytime or Jack Saunders as cover for Jordan North

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BBCAaron said:

Get that now do find odd to put Sarah Story and Sian Eleri on cover for daytime or Jack Saunders as cover for Jordan North

Sarah and Sian must hope to move to daytime eventually. Jack covered Grimmy a couple of weeks back so they must be preparing him to become a cover presenter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, R1Fan1 said:

Sarah and Sian must hope to move to daytime eventually. Jack covered Grimmy a couple of weeks back so they must be preparing him to become a cover presenter. 

I kind of feel like it’s earlier in their careers to see what shows they’d like to end up doing think before thinking daytime they got to kind of get around to doing the shows they doing now and don’t think it will be easy to say they be on daytimes because think about how many DJs the station has and has and how that the transition to daytime doesn’t happen Sarah may do the odd cover for Dance anthems when Charlie’s off and Sian may end up covering bits of Clara. But them on daytime I wouldn’t speculate with. It’s rare these days that the station is that short of staff and would likely would be after calling a few people they would be further down the cover list 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Chat

Chat

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...