Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

8 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

That’s a very good point actually - I wouldn’t be surprised if Jordan is a part of that in the summer. However that would be a whole chunk of time off at once rather than every 3 weeks ish which is what Jordan seems to be doing at the moment!

The series is less of a back-up but something that will be a best of the contestants from the years think 

9 hours ago, radio1fan said:

I just remembered that ITV are meant to be doing an all-star edition of I’m a Celebrity… in South Africa, which will be fully pre-recorded as a backup in case they can’t make the normal series later in the year for whatever reason. Perhaps Jordan is taking part in that? 

Press release from ITV states that it isn’t a back up and would be broadcasted think early 2023 in addition to its usual series as one off additional series as a best of contenders from years gone by

40 minutes ago, NathanS said:

Tomorrow's a bit different...

Mollie and Dean (in for Matt) in for Greg tomorrow 

Sian Eleri in for Dean

James Cusack in for Matt & Mollie

Jack Saunders in for Scott on the Official Chart.

Its not a day that would expect for a mid may non-bank holiday Friday of cover. No longer you’d have someone like Jordan or Dev that would end up covering for a seven day week and the odd multiple shows a day. Its been a while since we had days where the evening presenters covering daytime shows like Annie Macmanus when she’d covered for Fearne C/ Clara A on a small few occasions. Huw Stephens various shows covered likewise Phil Taggart

9 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Big Weekend on air schedule Sat/Sun is:

11.00-14.00 Dean

14.00-17.00 Matt

17.00-20.00 Charlie (Sat) / Katie (Sun)

20.00-23.00 Sarah (Sat) / Sian (Sun)

By the looks of it certain bits of the schedule yet to update on the website schedule. Assume maybe you’d have them joined by presenters from across the schedule. Used to enjoy it when presenting teams were a rarity where Annie Macmanus, Scott Mills and Cel Spellman could present together and Huw Stephens, Charlie Sloth and Danny Howard could be doing it together very dated examples

On 5/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, Joe said:

Why do you always refer to her as Annie Macmanus? ?

Nothing to much to it if referring to myself since she’s using her surname in full for her most recent projects feels more formality rather than the shortened DJ name.

4 hours ago, Lily Georgia said:

Jack is in for Clara Monday 20th to Thursday 23rd June.

Kerrie Cosh is in for Jack Monday 20th to Wednesday 22nd June.

Nels Hylton is in for Jack on Thursday 23rd June.

Katie is in for Dean on Friday 24th June.

According to the schedule, Katie is hosting some sort of Glastonbury themed show. Charlie Tee is also in for Danny on that Friday.

5 hours ago, michaelb said:

According to the schedule, Katie is hosting some sort of Glastonbury themed show. Charlie Tee is also in for Danny on that Friday.

I mean it could be bit like how Alice Levine, Huw Stephens and Clara Amfo done shows from Glastonbury over the years kind of think Jack Saunders would be a good co-host with Katie on that day of Glastonbury

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Roman Kemp 😜 I think Will was at radio 1 at one point wasn't he? 
    • Hats off to Chris for leaving a challenge for Greg.  To plan that out was great detailing and proves what a talented guy he is.  The post he posted on Instagram also links into it which is great to.  There is loyalty to Greg there so I don't think he's joining Capital.  Persephonica was looking for an 'experienced entertainment producer' a few months ago. I wonder if this is where Chris might be heading? 
    • Jordan North… Seriously though, out of the commercial stations I only really listen to Capital but I do think Will Manning is very strong (and could quite easily slot into R1). I also think Jimmy Hill is a very good commercial DJ (but probably wouldn’t be as good on R1).
    • First link made me blush 
    • Who do you think is the best commercial presenter? This is your view, doesn't have to be who has the most ratings 
    • Starting off strong. 
    • I remember Chase and Status being added to the line-up for Coventry after a drop out. At the time it seemed a bit random, but they seem massive again now!
    • That is a bit strange, yes. Fair point. Oh yes, I'd say both are equal. It's just they'll have been on Instagram for some time, whereas TikTok will have been a new addition in recent years, so something probably has to give. Us anoraks like to see Twitter as important, but I find myself putting much more time into those other platforms. Incidentally when I applied for a social job there probably four years back (wasn't successful!) I did say I thought the audience wanted more insight from the station rather than just content around the stars. I think they've moved a lot more in that direction, especially with the visualisation in the studio. You see more of Greg James than Harry Styles. I don't envy the PR machine at Radio 1 going straight from Mollie King's challenge to Big Weekend announcements without a break!
    • Since they starting the big weekend right at the end of Matt & Mollie’s show I expect they get to do the duties of opening up the festival.
    • Matt and Mollie and Sam and Danni have DJ sets on Friday of Big Weekend, still makes me think they are really keen to push both pairings in a hole left by Jordan.
    • Broadcast wise it’s going to be interesting to see how they handle the performances starting at the same time as the chart show.
    • Yes sort of, although it’s still weird that they tweeted when Mollie was halfway completed but did not do so when she crossed the finish line.
    • it would make sense to ensure both instagram and TikTok are treated as equals and kept in tandem as reels and downloads of instagram are growing when TikTok I think I’ve heard is stagnating.    I mean it makes sense to do less with Twitter or X as it has change. There has been a lot of change in how its run and operate with focus on making it a platform people pay for and its been volatile for advertising with lots of loss in paid promotions on the platform and the business worth has been waining and any communications and marketing for any business and organisations are seeing that
    • I feel like all ATB songs started with some sort of airport in their video