Unofficial Mills

Sara Cox is pregnant again!

Jono

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1xtra simulcast with westwood - that is def the way forward!! it seriously does leave a gap for cover. I cant see Dev gettingthe cover shifts. MAybe Nihal will carry on the cover role, and unless Jo and Edith do (which I doubt it) that only really leaves Reggie out of the more main stream presenters.

Whilst im happy for Sara, again, It will be sad not hearing her on the radio. I do hope she stays on though afterwards.

Congratulations Sara! She must be over the moon!

On a Radio 1 front, possible stand in's or Sara

Nihal

Annie Mac

Chappers and Dave

Huw Stephens

And... Now that means Sara won't be doing any day time covers for a while, this is how I'd do the regular day time fill ins

Dev - Someone from 1Xtra

Chris Moyles - Scott Mills

Fearne Cotton - Annie Mac

Greg James - Huw Stephens

Scott Mills - Chappers (with Beccy, no Scott Mills Gold)

Nihal has a regular daytime weekday show on the Asian Network, do you think he'd be available to cover on Radio 1?

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Congratulations Sara! She must be over the moon!

On a Radio 1 front, possible stand in's or Sara

Nihal

Annie Mac

Chappers and Dave

Huw Stephens

And... Now that means Sara won't be doing any day time covers for a while, this is how I'd do the regular day time fill ins

Dev - Someone from 1Xtra

Chris Moyles - Scott Mills

Fearne Cotton - Annie Mac

Greg James - Huw Stephens

Scott Mills - Chappers (with Beccy, no Scott Mills Gold)

Nihal has a regular daytime weekday show on the Asian Network, do you think he'd be available to cover on Radio 1?

Easily, if its afternoon or weekends. Although if he cover a morning show they will cover his asian show. After all Asian network is Andy Parfitt controlled as well so no station conflicts there

james_ryder.png

Easily, if its afternoon or weekends. Although if he cover a morning show they will cover his asian show. After all Asian network is Andy Parfitt controlled as well so no station conflicts there

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Nihal's Asian Network show moved to the afternoons now?

congrats Sara,

I love all the debate about who will cover! when is Sara's baby due? Maybe R1 should be making a big effort to use new broadcasters... eg students involved in radio etc (rather than the band members who are used to cover Zane!)

Why on earth would Jo or Edith cover, after saying they wanted a smaller workload to spend more time with their children? And chappers is so rarely in the studio nowadays, he always seems to be working on an outside sports broadcast and phoning into the show.

Really? Listening to Jo since the news broke that she was moving to weekends, you very much get the feeling she doesn't want to leave weekdays.

Yeah, she pressed a button accidentally and said "no wonder they're moving me to weekends". In a jokey manner but you can tell it wasn't her choice.