Unofficial Mills

Sexting!!

DarkAngelMJH

I heard about this on Newsbeat this morning. It's where people, in this case teenagers, take naked or otherwise explicit photos of themselves with mobile cameras and text them to boy/girlfriends. Inevitably they break up and the jilted ex sends them to the whole school and the person's parents. Apparently some of these photos are making their way to places where they are viewed by paedophiles.

The police advice was to keep the photos on your own phone. Mine would be not to take them or let anyone else take them. I've been sent a few by somebody I know when he was drunk but have since deleted them because I don't want that kind of thing on my phone.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

If you do send naked pictures of yourself out though it's obvious in a bad break up they are going to show everyone.

There are always stories about this in trashy magazines. It seems it happens a lot. It's kind of obvious really, you're just giving someone ammunition. Not to be patronising, but teenage relationships don't often last that long. I don't really see the need to take naked photos at all, but the way digital photo technology connects so easily to communication technology - internet, mobile phones, bluetooth etc - it's just not wise at all to take photos or video of nakedness or sex.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Yeh! I think we all go through that phase but most will realise its a bad idea when at school! Its ok in a relationship but the novelty years off otherwise. Its more of a younger generation thing. Stupid if you arent aware of risks but can be fun if its someone who will be sensible.

Eeeh, just be responsible, if it's someone you trust and not a shitty relationship then so long as the other person isn't a douche about it and would spread it, then I suppose do what you like.

I've not sent any myself though. Well, maybe a slight bit of bare shoulder. I know, how bad of me.

The whole sexting thing could be worse though, imagine if you got sent pics from someone you didn't want/expect 'em from. Blimey, that'd be a shock.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

Never ever done it, and actually stopped my ex doing this for a similar reason. She once drew a face on my... yeah, and put a toy hat on it and wanted to take a picture of it in exchange for allowing me to take one of her giving me head. No amount of playing to my male sexuality pushed me to allow this to happen because I knew it would inevitably lead to bad times. Sure enough, we split up not long after and we had nothing to use disparagingly on the other one. :)

People were Sexting Radio 1 on Tuesday. Poor Ian was trying to avoid a mms of a male listeners... ermm male bits. Very funny.

Its really irresponsable for young people to do this when theres high chance that the person receiving it will never be mature enough to be trusted, and its so risky when it could get into the wrong hands.

There's a girl at a local college who had to leave because a photo of her in a compromising position got sent around about four colleges after she cheated on the boy she'd sent it to. Everybody saw it, poor thing, but what goes around comes around I suppose.

If she cheated on the boy then she deserves everything she gets. I certainly dont agree she is a "poor thing"

Not impressed with censorship