Unofficial Mills

MP's Expenses

KingTutsWWH

Want to find out your local MP's expenses? Follow this link. Makes for interesting reading in certain cases. George Galloway for example, spent 10,000 quid on his website!!111 :

http://mpsallowances.parliament.uk/mpslordsandoffices/hocallowances/allowances-by-mp/

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

£163,746 from Norman Lamb of north Norfolk. I suppose we are an eternity away from London in terms of public transport (even if we are only above it!) and he said a lot there was a lot of maternity leave going on in his office.

My MP for my home address claimed £128,701 while my MP for my Uni address claimed £171,989. I'd like to point out that the uni one is only Dundee West. The MP for Dundee East claimed £146,658.

What have they spent their wages on when we seem to be paying for so much for them?

People seem to be mad that some addresses and things have been blanked out. I think that is a bit ridiculous. Imagine the vigilante style attacks on property and their families if addresses were revealed.

I am as pissed off as everyone else at the expenses row, but wouldnt condone violent attacks etc because their personal details had been revealed

take control

£106,873 Mr Andrew Pelling. Not too bad, although it is within London so he also got the London allowance. He only claimed £22 for transport. Unfortunately however he was arrested for wife-beating and thrown out of the Conservative Party.

Previous MP up until 2005 actually lived next door to me so I did know where he lived. His expenses were pretty high I seem to remember, he spent huge amounts on stationery and postage according to the Evening Standard.

I'm a little concerned that Ottaway, Richard CON Croydon South managed to claim £21,481 for a second home allowance. He lives in London!

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Wife beating in saaaf laanderrn? what ever next. Was it his wife? Is any working class pastime safe from the middle classes these days?

It's not quite fair to lump it all in as a total sum, as I know some MPs have staff to pay etc. What's rightly been highlighted are the excesses.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

Richard Ottaway, MP for Croydon South, spent £40 on lightbulbs and £50 on a toaster one month, then 3 months later a further £20 on lightbulbs and £27 on an iron. I don't know how anyone can go through that many lightbulbs. He also seems to spend about £400 a month on his garden and about £500 a month each month getting his shower repaired! Must have serious problems with it. Not to mention the roof, doors and TV aerial that were also repaired. I'm intrigued now about where he actually lives. It is quite fascinating reading the things they claim for.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Richard Ottaway, MP for Croydon South, spent £40 on lightbulbs and £50 on a toaster one month, then 3 months later a further £20 on lightbulbs and £27 on an iron. I don't know how anyone can go through that many lightbulbs. He also seems to spend about £400 a month on his garden and about £500 a month each month getting his shower repaired! Must have serious problems with it. Not to mention the roof, doors and TV aerial that were also repaired. I'm intrigued now about where he actually lives. It is quite fascinating reading the things they claim for.

£40 on light bulbs in a month? were they gold plated?