Unofficial Mills

Your favourite Scott moment of 2008?

Jono

What was your favourite moment of 2008? Do you have one? Let us know here...

For me I think it was Wing at Radio 1's Big Weekend. I just loved the way everyone just fell in love with her - whether it was for her music or just the irony factor. Everyone was a good sport about it and the hype just seemed unbelievable! Haha.

There's been a lot of good moments on the show over the past year, and I have to be vain and mention the James Bond thing and Scott Platinum because it involved the website and me ;) I enjoyed the Calling The Newspaper Game back in January, the online element of Becky Cam (strangely prefered this to Scott Cam) and the various mixes of Ting Tings, Madonna, Estelle and The Verve. Overall though Oh What's Occurring has been on the highest standard along with Dear Scott. Badly Bleeped TV was quality too while it lasted.

I still think they should bring back the element of old people and kids that they had on breakfast in the middle of the year.

I have no idea, I don't think I can settle on one thing. I don't even remember everything that has happened this year.

I agree on Wing though, and the various mixes. But there's so much, I don't know where to start...

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Has to be oh what's occuring. I listen to Scotts show and then listen to the Podcast and get a friend at work to guess. It is exactly what it was designed for and thats fun.

But overall its been a good year. I think most can agree that we didnt know what would happen when Laura left but we soon got used to Beccy and it went uphill from there. Especially with the show from Barry Island.

james_ryder.png

I have absolutely loved Scott's show this year, and I just feel like I've become more involved in the Radio 1 way, and most of that is thanks to you guys on UM so thanks :)

But I've loved all of Scott's show.

Oh! What's Occurring, Scott Cam, Becky Cam, Loose Lips, Badly Bleeped TV, Dear Scott. It's all been amazing.

But my highlight of the year was having the Posh Lady off of Radio 4 read out my E-mail, that truly was special :)

www.drainpipeclothing.com

For me it has to be 4th April at approximately 7.19am when Scott was on breakfast and called my mobile after I sent a text about his picture with Mariah Carey! He asked me to speak on the show about it....ahhh one of the best moments of my life never mind this year. ;)!

Is there any audio anywhere of this, please?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Hmmm.

Everything!

I think Scott cam and Becky cam were a highlight for mee..

OOOH. The Yvette Fielding/ Greg James being a clown zombie fandango.

Ive got the podcast stilll, her laugh just cracks me up every time! Bring Back Yvette! :D

'Dunlod got his dinkle in a deckchair mun'

*Must stop dreaming about Beccy in strange places*

I loved the Hawaii Chair, I can remember getting very close to wetting myself watching Scott trying to answer the phone whilst using it. Scott and Laura's romantic novel (I think it was called A Long Hot Summer), Scott the "unpretentious traveller" in Belgrade and the Mambo Twister are also highlights. I'm gonna big myself up and say Jono's birthday mention as well.

I miss the show so much! :(

Goodness, this is a tricky one. Hawaii chair rates highest I'd say. Scott has developed a new talent for slapstick comedy. I love Badly Bleeped TV (RIP:(), Beccy's Classifieds, Oh What's Occuring and Dear Scott. Jono's B-day mention also made me very happy, as did Scott Platinum and all the silly remixes.

Oh, what about Scott and Chappers entertaining the kids? "I didn't like the frog". Was that this year? Time moves so fast. I also enjoyed Becky and Scott cam, but found them a little distracting. Could have been grey T shirt guy perhaps? ;)

Edit: Wow. Scott and Chappers Kids Performers was last October!:shock: Time has flown. This was sooo funny though, I only wish there was a video: http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/local_links.php?action=play&catid=6&linkid=276&page=10

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Haha, I just remembered the Hawaii Chair too. That definitely rates very high on my list now. It was amazing, I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at a video before. And kept laughing the third time I watched it too.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Becky Cam, Scott Cam (especially the Flatmate ;)), Mariah, Badly Bleeped TV, Party In My Tummy/The Ting Tings, brassing up Madonna, David Tennant, and the Hawaii Chair have all been brilliant. I loved them very much.

(...am I the only person that doesn't like Oh! What's Occuring?)

Guest CancerForTheCure

I'd probably go for Wing, especially the phone interview with her after the Mariah one ('Wing!!! Someone is trying to send a fax!!!') Also that Demitri guy and the Stan remix. And the show with the Hoff just before the Sunday Night Project.

Scott was talking about his favourites with Edith - Barryoke, Radio 1's Big Weekend and Scott Cam. Edith pointed out that he hadn't mentioned Upstaged, I think he'd mentally blocked that one out.

On a unrelated note, I knew a few of the people who won Upstaged, and got a mention a couple of times :P

Nik B.

Born to Toads.