Unofficial Mills

geek world meet up!

popbitcher

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll buy you a drink* if you're short on cash ;)

*Not exceeding the price of £1

You'd be lucky to find much to drink in London for under a quid.

I agree with London, if it was during a holiday it would be easier than in termtime, but I can get to London in term time also if it's a weekend, which I'd imagine it would be.

Nottingham is reasonably big and is in the middleish and Serin and me and Paula are in/around and it's near Derby. However, I might well meet people I know from uni at the same time who might wonder why I was with such a random bunch of people :P and there's not much to do here if you're not old enough to drink. So I think London is the best option.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure

Any one of the above is fine by me. Obviously Nottingham would be the best but I imagine that London would be the most convenient option for everyone. Are we considering a specific date or is it too early to discuss that ;)

Hmmmm, it would cost a small fortune for me to get from either Wrexham or Birmingham to London on the train, that and it would take a good 3/4 hours to get there. So it's not something I'd realistically be able to do until I have both the time and money to do so... i.e. after I've graduated, haha. Somewhere in the middle of the country would be better for me but then that would be an inconvenience for others. Maybe we could have several smaller meets in different places, depending on where people can travel to...?

This is an idea that's been thrown around for a while but nothing's ever actually come of it, it is quite difficult getting us all together in one place when we're from all over the UK (or all over the world in some cases). And I'm abroad for the next year anyway... so I'm out for the time being. Ask me when I'm back in the UK, haha.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I'ma have to say no to London :( As much as I love the city, poor student here ;)

I second this except the student bit. It might be cheap to get to London if you book in advance but it'll cost me a bley fortune to go anywhere/do anything.

We can have our own Northern meet which would be far superior ;)

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Any one of the above is fine by me. Obviously Nottingham would be the best but I imagine that London would be the most convenient option for everyone. Are we considering a specific date or is it too early to discuss that ;)

I 100% agree

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Guest CancerForTheCure
Can just imagine how freaked out mr mills would be if there was loads of people wearing t-shirts with his face on outside Radio 1.

freaked out? He would love it :D

Can just imagine how freaked out mr mills would be if there was loads of people wearing t-shirts with his face on outside Radio 1.

If that's the plan... er... I might not want to go to those geeky lengths - might watch from the sidelines and take the official photos :P

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I thought Grace was making masks.

Nah. We just all have to apply fake tan for at least a week in advance to reach that 'total tangerine' effect!

I'd/we'd be very happy to attend both northern and southern (with plenty of warning) UM meetings. Don't want to divide the forum.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Guest CancerForTheCure
it would have to be in January ~ then, 6 weeks is nearly christmas and everywhere will be busy.

yes and preferably after the exam period so I'd say towards the end of January or beginning of February.

Or are we going to keep suggesting places until one is suggested that suits a lot of people? Remember that there are people from all over the country here Rob so its not as simple as just picking a time and place.

Everyone seems to like London over anywhere else. I didn't mean to come across as pushy Heather, I was just worried that we wouldn't come up with a place and this thread would just disappear and the meet wouldn't happen :(

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru