Unofficial Mills

Scott and Edith's Children in Need TV Ad

Hammer

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen it before Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Well at least Scott has found a talent - playing some sort of instrument with his nose. It's a bit strange that they've chosen another venue to act as the Radio 1 studio. It looks a bit like Maida Vale, more BBC fakery!

Just seen it before Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Well at least Scott has found a talent - playing some sort of instrument with his nose. It's a bit strange that they've chosen another venue to act as the Radio 1 studio. It looks a bit like Maida Vale, more BBC fakery!

Exactly what I was thinking

Its a good Ad but im not sure the older viewing public would find it too amusing, they probably wouldn't know Scott and Edith are and they would just think playing nose flutes was a bit weird.

I might be wrong, Ill have to get my Mum to give an official review

Saw it before Buzzcocks as well and thought "Where did they film this? This ain't the Radio 1 studio!". I thought the Beeb had a strict honesty policy nowadays :bah:.

kyliewilson.png

Ahem. Boyf and I aren't exactly spring chickens, yet somehow we managed to find some sort of humour in this ad. Dunno why we both laughed our heads off, seeing as we're obviously far too aged to appreciate all this 'yoof-targeted' stuff. :rolleyes:

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a bit strange that they've chosen another venue to act as the Radio 1 studio. It looks a bit like Maida Vale, more BBC fakery!

Probably easier for practical reasons - fitting in various cameras and lights and so on is easier in that bigger space, and allows for better looking angles and so on.

Probably easier for practical reasons - fitting in various cameras and lights and so on is easier in that bigger space, and allows for better looking angles and so on.

But why re-create a studio? Why not just do it elsewhere? That's the difference with such 'fakery'.

You mean just set it in, I dunno, a café, rather than the studio? It's a fair point.

Everyone I knew didn't reconise either of them, they only knew they were radio 1 DJs because of the "studio". Anyone who's watched that ad with me knew it was Scott after I scream "Scott Mills!" everyimte it comes on...

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Guest CancerForTheCure
Anyone who's watched that ad with me knew it was Scott after I scream "Scott Mills!" everyimte it comes on...

yeah I suppose that's quite likely to give it away ;)