Unofficial Mills

College, School, Uni & Gap Years

Grace

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You def wanna get into DMU - they have a cracking radio station, and it was I think set up by the now Agent of Scott Mills, ;)

I had an unconditional offer from them this evening.

I also had a positive e-mail from the UEA. Well, I had worries about my grades as I missed out on what they wanted, but they didn't sound as strict about it as I thought they would be.

This is all fantastic news Jono. :D

I seriously hope your parents are delighted and feel very proud of you. About bley time!

Choose the Uni that does the course you are most interested in/best at/would like to pursue in the future.

This is the best way to keep motivated... there are LOTS of wonderful distractions at Uni.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I seriously hope your parents are delighted and feel very proud of you. About bley time!

Their response? "Well done... but your sister already has two, so you're lagging behind!"

Yeah thanks...

I'd prefer the UEA as I'm not someone who likes leaving friends and family. I just want to do something academically, and I'm not all about making a point of going elsewhere to do it. My friend is there who I don't see a lot of, so it'd be good to see her, but at the same time I know no one else. So it'll be no different to any other university I go to.

Totally depends on what offers I get as to whether I can go or not though.

why had i not found this before?

I'm in the same boat as you Jono- UCAS after UCAS after UCAS. But I sent it off September so have all my offers (or rejections) in by now except Edinburgh.

On paper doesn't look very good (!):

Oxford: Got through to interview; but then REJECTED!!!!!!!!!!

Manchester: A,B,B

LSE: REJECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edinburgh: TBC

Warwick: REJECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I set my sights to high lol. If the Oxford interview had been about Radio 1 then things would be different. In other news, am thinking about sending off a application to Radio 1 in July. But should I? Is it best to leave it till later on so hopefully you will get additional work from it later?

Congratulations if you have read all this post. Huzzah!:P

One of my friends at college got rejected from virtually every uni she applied to, which wasn't particularly fair as she was a pretty good student, about the same level as me. Think she only ended up with 2 offers, one from Birmingham City Uni (formerly UCE) and one from somewhere else I've forgotten, but thankfully she got into BCU in the end. Rejection is slightly demoralising though, you just have to try and take it on the chin and say to yourself that it's their loss. And Bristol are obviously complete arseholes so I really don't think you're missing out on anything if you get rejected from there...

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I'm applying for Initial Teacher Training. Eeep.

Some of my sister's friends came round the other day, they've all just graduated last summer, and it seems like most of them are applying for PGCEs. The idea of teaching worries me, I've only recently left school and I really don't want to go back and spend the rest of my life there.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I'm trying to sift through the crap right now to work out what stuff I've been sent over the last week is actually useful! Although that said it's nice to give the postman some work and get some mail that isn't about penis enlargements or loans!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been offered an interview in Glamorgan. Nice place, and I want to see how many offers I can get (just to make me feel better!) but I've had an offer from my first choice, and Wales is miles away, should I just withdraw from their university?

Had an offer from Nottingham Trent, and withdrew my application at Glamorgan. Now just declined the other offers, and put UEA as my firm.

It makes me feel sad inside actually. I never thought I'd get into one university let alone four! Time to fire off an e-mail to the teachers who had doubts that I'd make it to a good uni ;)

You have NO intention of leaving home, despite your protests, it's obviously pretty comfortable there.

Honestly, UEA is the most prestigious Uni on your list; even I applied for it - preferred Glasgow though. In your position, I'd go for UEA.

I'm also not particularly enamoured of the Welsh accent. ;)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Hey, it's not that bad you know, I do live in Wales......... but if your first and second choices have already given you unconditional offers then I'd just stick with those. If you really don't want to leave home then UEA would be your best choice.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

• 1 month later...
Right, just a waiting game for September now. Did anyone contact people on facebook before they went to university?

I wasn't on Facebook before I went to uni because in those days only bona fide students in certain universities could join Facebook. I didn't personally bother trying to contact anyone before I went to uni. You could try if you want to.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CancerForTheCure
is no one else going to university this year?

I am :| I'm looking forward to it but at the same time, I'm not.

But yeah I need three A's :confused: