Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We cleared out the cupboard under the stairs, found some elderly tins and chocolates, loads of pics of the boyf off of the early 90s haha (a personal fave is him looking bronzed next to the pool with long hair and an amezzin' 6 pack!), masses of wrapping paper and cards, brand new glasses and a coupla dead spiders.

The bin is full and I now have a larder! Yay!

Chinese food tonight. We're sort of celebrating Valentine's Day a bit early.

PS. I'm also currently wearing some Shrek ears which I encountered. So all is good.:)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Just had the most amazing and random evening with a bunch of friends. Involved a lot of forfeits/dares, nakedness, kissing, party food and alcohol. Then 3 of us went to a club and had a really good time. I managed to drink some alcohol without overdoing it really. I have yet to find out if it will make me feel ill but hopefully it won't because I paced myself and am drinking the water.

The best bit is, February 14th is over for another year!!!! We decided to rename it Christmas to make ourselves feel better.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Well, I've now had it confirmed for me at least 3 times, I really do only have to do half the number of credits we were originally told to take in Spain (15 instead of 30, that is) because I've had to do an essay for the French department as well. Which is good as hopefully this means I'll get Tuesdays off and I can take some more time to actually enjoy being in Seville. The frustrating thing is that I seem to be the only one who's actually been told about this, everyone else I know who's in Spain for this semester is convinced we're supposed to be doing 30. But whatever, if they can't be bothered to find out for themselves then it's their own fault. I still think this should have been made clear to us before we got here (the Birmingham Spanish department really is horribly disorganised), but at any rate it's better to know now than at the end of the semester.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Helen I totally understand your frustration with University disorganisation. I'm glad you've sorted out your problems for now.

I was up till 4am trying to write an essay that was set last Thursday afternoon that we were told was due in at 9am tomorrow. Got a text from the department at around 3:30pm, when I was just about to give up and hand in the jumbled rubbish I'd produced, saying "oh there was a mix up and the deadline's actually 9am Wednesday." I happened to be in a meeting of the committee where we complain about things like this at the time so took the issue up straight away.

So I suppose it rocks that I've been able to get some sleep finally and that I have tomorrow free to write something better but it also sucks how stressed I ended up getting about it. Oh and Strongbow Boy is coming round in a bit and he's gonna get me some food because he always eats mine when he's round here and we're gonna watch a film or something (sounds like a date I know but it's not supposed to be).

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I went out walking up a mountain today, verrry dangerous as it was still snowy/icy and very misty, but I feel like I've got some exercise in - we were out for about five hours! I do think I've twisted my ankle a bit though, I felt on it so many times :(

Edit: 2,635 ft, it was!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Nice one Sam and Ema. Lucky you Kirsty.

What rocks? I got a lovely bunch of flowers this evening and am still on the hunt for kittens to adopt. Think we might have to wait a little bit longer as it's not really the right time of year, but it's certainly something to look forward to.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Nice one Sam and Ema. Lucky you Kirsty.

What rocks? I got a lovely bunch of flowers this evening and am still on the hunt for kittens to adopt. Think we might have to wait a little bit longer as it's not really the right time of year, but it's certainly something to look forward to.

funny-pictures-your-cat-comes-with-washing-instructions.jpg

funny-pictures-cat-asks-if-it-is-your-first-time-at-pilates.jpg

Attunement.png