Unofficial Mills

Firefox 3

Jono

So it was released this week and has broke all sorts of records for being one of the fastest downloaded browsers in such a little time. I've got it on my desktop computer and it seems a lot faster than the previous version. Considering downloading it to my laptop too. Anyone else got it here?

I love Firefox. S'much better than IE. It had a bit of a fit when I first installed the new version but tis fine now.

Hehe the boy installed Firefox 3 and both his Firefox and IE promptly stopped working. Highly amusing for everyone else...

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

I've got FF3, I agree with Bumble, it definately is a lot better than IE. The only problem I have noticed with FF3 is that sometimes the browser crashes on it wheras I didnt have that problem with FF2.

Also like the feature of re-opening closed tabs as I tend to shut the wrong tab quite often by mistake :oops:

What does the speed dial do? It sounds cool!

Its basically a your home page but it has 9 small boxes with tiny little versions of your top 9 websites so you just click the one you want :) its just a little bit lazier than going to your favourites and clicking!

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Is this out on Xbox 360? I'm getting Metal Gear Solid 4 soon?

Good luck getting MGS4 on the 360. Yes, I exploited your joke (hope I understand).

I haven't downloaded Firefox 3 yet, but I had some friends who were very happy about it. Sadly I still have a habit of clicking on the inferior IE.

I'd like to know how to stop my machine defaulting to IE7 when it automatically opens My Pictures, uploads to Image Shack or someone sends me a link on msn. I need to make Firefox default browser obviously, but can't find the place in Control Panel to do that. :(

I prefer Firefox by miles and have done for a long time, the beta had a few wobbles but the last version has been really stable for about a month now and I like all the features, especially the remembering the location of every page of a site you visited recently when you type in the first part of the url. :) .

UM is a nice place

open firefox, open tools, open options, open advanced (far right of window)

click on general tab (it should be on this first anyway)

tick the box next to, always check on start-up that firefox is the default browser, then click the check now button (if it's not it should ask you if you want to set firefox as default & if is does say yes/ok)

:)

I downloaded Firefox 3 on Download Day. I quite like the new address bar which searches your history and favourites as well in real time.

I can't use IE7 at all. I don't think it works at all, it just crashes when anything tries to open in it. I can never find any of the menu options at all. Everyone should just use Firefox.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Really, the best thing about this release of FF3 (and the recent Opera update) is that it forces Microsoft to include the best features of both into IE for those people that aren't inclined to switch... IE8 is shaping up to be their best effort yet, and could well make the need to look at alternatives irrelevant.

And this comes from a confirmed Firefox 3 user. I'm keeping FF2 as well though for compatibility reasons...

Really, the best thing about this release of FF3 (and the recent Opera update) is that it forces Microsoft to include the best features of both into IE for those people that aren't inclined to switch... IE8 is shaping up to be their best effort yet, and could well make the need to look at alternatives irrelevant.

And this comes from a confirmed Firefox 3 user. I'm keeping FF2 as well though for compatibility reasons...

microsoft are just playing catch-up, i don't use IE anymore as it's rubbish.

:)